New Cat

mishi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. I adopted a young Persian cat from my local shelter. Her age would approximately be an year old or so. She's spayed/neutered. Dewormed and is vaccinated too. Whenever I go and pet her she's being very loving and keeps bumping her head against me. The weird thing is, she is purring continuously since the moment I bought her home. Is it normal or what ?

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like she is head butting you.  This is how cats greet each other and also how they greet humans they like.  It is a friendly sign!  You can make a closed fist and put it out in front of your body and see if she head butts it.  She seems very happy to me.  You can do a search on cat head butting for more info.

Thank you for adopting an older cat and saving her.  You will be her angel!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mishi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she is head butting you.  This is how cats greet each other and also how they greet humans they like.  It is a friendly sign!  You can make a closed fist and put it out in front of your body and see if she head butts it.  She seems very happy to me.  You can do a search on cat head butting for more info.

Thank you for adopting an older cat and saving her.  You will be her angel!
Well then that's great. Puts me to ease. Thank you! (: