New Cat Wont Come Out From Closet Since Vet Appointment

Christoki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So little concerned for my cat now. I just adopted a 10yo last week and took her to the vet yesterday morning. Up until then she was eating, drinking, and using her little box normally. She liked to chill in her little bed/hut or on the scratching post. She'd explore the room, come out when I come in, and walk around me or flop her purring.

Well yesterday after I took her to the vet, she beelined for the closet, and she has come out two times since. She wont eat or drink and used the little box once, since theres just a tiny bit of urine and she doesnt cover her stuff. She didnt get any shots or chipping, just a look over and teeth looked at.

She came out the second time today to nibble on some food and went back in. Like she wont even touch her water bowl. And I'm actually concerned cause she threw up her food after the appointment and hasnt eaten since. She hasnt touched her dinner from that night. I threw it out, gave her some new food for breakfast, and its all still sitting there. She wont even come to the sound of it being filled.

Idk whats going on. Its just her in here. Buds not allowed and I sit in here for a while just to socialize. But shes refusing to come out the closet. She doesnt do anything but meow if i go in it and purrs while letting me pet her, but she just sits there and I'm assuming all day.

Is any of this normal new cat behavior or should I call a vet about this?

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I think there may be something going on besides her just being upset from the vet. I would call your vet and let them know, you may need to take her back. Not drinking is not good - could quickly lead to dehydration.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Christoki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And the second I posted this she came out and is eating and drinking normally...

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
And the second I posted this she came out and is eating and drinking normally...
Good! Keep an eye on her and if she throws up again or if she stops eating then maybe call your vet. Hopefully she just threw up last night because of the stress from the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Christoki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good! Keep an eye on her and if she throws up again or if she stops eating then maybe call your vet. Hopefully she just threw up last night because of the stress from the vet.
Yeah right now shes doing her rolling around thing and making sure to be in some physical contact to my body. Particularly my left foot, for some reason.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad to see she's getting back to normal. :catlove: Welcome to TCS, BTW. :wave2:

Maybe you'd like to introduce yourself and your cat in our New Cats on the Block forum. :compsurfing: