New Cat Tree! ...........they hate it.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rebochan

I forget which seller I got mine through - I just googled on "Amarkat" since that was the brand I was finding on eBay, and looked for a website that had a good price/shipping combo.

As for assembly, well, the box was quite heavy. Assembling wasn't too difficult, it came with the tools I needed. I had a friend help, but I probably could have pulled it off on my own. If you can assemble a fake Christmas tree, you can assemble one of these.

Okay, I found the seller again - StepsforPets.com.
Ok, I think that's the site I found earlier that has free shipping. Very nice that it even comes with tools. I'm pretty good with putting things together. Now I just have to wait for tax return.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rebochan

Heh...I chose to skip the Ebay route and just order mine through a tree seller and get free shipping. I spent...well, the same amount of money as if I'd bid on eBay

But they are good trees. Amarkat, right? Mine is really similar, but no ropes and the cats already made off with the dangling toys it came with
So it looks more like this now.

They don't play on it much, but they love napping on it.
wow! that's cool!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww look at those kittens up there! That does look like a decent tree. $5 huh? That's quite the deal. Unless, of course, you paid $150 shipping!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Aww look at those kittens up there! That does look like a decent tree. $5 huh? That's quite the deal. Unless, of course, you paid $150 shipping!
Yep, I hate that though. At least Ebay has the filter for price+shipping. Great tree though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I look at it this way:

Where I live you can't get a cat tree like this anywhere...period. I have to drive 50 miles or more to find a tree that's comparable.
Then that tree costs close to $200.
Add the fuel costs, plus tax and you've got a tree that is around $230 to $240.

I paid $5.00 plus $100 for shipping. I think that's more than fair considering the quality of the tree. Plus they shipped right away. I got the tree within 3 days of paying.

I'll buy more from that ebay seller.