New Cat - Should I addopt her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ozadars

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I hope everything goes well. Today I am going to buy them another litter box and a neck collar with a bell for Ozmo (Kurshad has one) because otherwise I cant find them in the house.

purefusion

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your kitties are gorgeous! I'm glad you decided to give her a chance, even though she bit you. Some cats just bite defensively and once they get to know you and love you, the biting will stop. Thank you for taking her in, and I hope her cuteness will win over your mom!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just found this thread. How wonderful of you to take Ozmo in. She sure does look adorable (as does Kurshad of course).

With the litter question. I would advise that you give the cheaper one a try and see how you like it. Its more about how much odor they absorb and how often you have to completely change the litter (not just top it up).
To find anything that they bury, just use a scoop which allows you to swift through the litter (scoops look like this)
You will find that each will use both of the litter trays and there is nothing you can do too stop this. This isnt a bad thing and its good to have 2 trays for 2 cats.

Ozmo isn't trying to get outside because she doesn't like her new home; she's just used to being outside. She might miss going out, but she will adapt
I agree - give it some time

I think so far the introductions have gone amazingly.

oh and have you told your mother yet? hehe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ozadars

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your nice words about Kurshad and Ozmo. Yes I told my mom and she is mad at me lol. Kurshad and Ozmo dont hiss at each other at all. Kurshad is getting better everyday, she lets me pet her head and sometimes her body.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad things are working out so well, and so quickly. Once your Mom meets your new girl, how could she help but love her?

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

I'm glad things are working out so well, and so quickly. Once your Mom meets your new girl, how could she help but love her?
I just read this thread and saw the pictures of your beautiful babies and they are just gorgeous!!

I think in time they will be the best of friends, but it just takes time and patience to wait for this to happen.

Thanks for giving this beautiful girl a home!!

Helene,
Lady, Douglas and Deacon's Meowmy