New Cat Parent :)

Abacab

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone! My name is Kate and I am a very new cat parent. While I had cats growing up, this is my first time being the primary carer for one and I am so happy and excited.

This is Izzy, a MSH, that my boyfriend and I adopted only yesterday! She is about 1 year old, and came to us through a rescue organization. She had recently had kittens (who were also all adopted, thankfully), and is now spayed and vaccinated and sleeping happily on our couch.

I am certain that, as we go on, I will have tons of questions about which foods are best and possible health concerns, so I wanted to sign up here asap :) At the moment, we're just happy she's eating at all and while she is, naturally, a bit nervous about her new surroundings, she seems to be getting more comfortable with every hour.

I look forward to getting to know you and your cats better, and to getting some wonderful advice from experienced members :)

View media item 419855View media item 419854

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abacab Abacab - Welcome to TCS, Kate and Izzy! She's really a lovely girl; it's great that you've made her a part of your Family.

Advice: keep posting; you'll meet some of the most knowledgeable and friendliest people on the internet right here on The Cat Site.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Abacab

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine (I love that song), thank you so much! She is a gorgeous girl, and it's so encouraging to hear how friendly and knowledgeable people are here :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to both you and Kate! I love meeting new cat owners, they are so enthusiastic...well...so are old cat owners. We seem to adore our kitties. Kate is a little love bug, isn't she? I have to admit, "rescued" is my very favorite breed.

I hope you make as many wonderful friends as I have here.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3290.GIF
Kate and Izzy, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3369.GIF
to both of you.

Glad that you've joined the site and feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles in the Articles section and and do post more photos of Izzy. She's a sweet kitty :lovecat::lovecat4: And you can post her photos here too in Bi-color kitties only!

See ya around :wink:

Abacab

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you both so much! I'm already excited to be a member here :)

Abacab

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And I'm not sure how to edit my first post, but I meant DMH not MSH. I had short hair on the brain when I wrote it, so it became medium short hair! :)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And I'm not sure how to edit my first post, but I meant DMH not MSH. I had short hair on the brain when I wrote it
Pish! You're fortunate that yours is just on the brain. I have ten cats, and I have short hair, medium hair and long hair on everything.

And now a question: is "Abacab" a reference to Genesis, or to heterosis in three-breed rotations?

Abacab

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pish! You're fortunate that yours is just on the brain. I have ten cats, and I have short hair, medium hair and long hair on everything.

And now a question: is "Abacab" a reference to Genesis, or to heterosis in three-breed rotations?

:lol: This is true! It's only a matter of time... I can't wait to see pictures of your guys!

It is indeed a Genesis reference, I am terrible at thinking of usernames and pretty much just looked around the room for something. But I am also a big fan :)

Welcome to The Cat Site! :dazzler: Great expression on Izzy in the second picture! :clap:
Thank you! She's full of great expressions :D

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Between us all on this site, I'm sure we have just about seen every situation there is. I, myself, have over 50 years of experience. But cats have a way of surprising you, that is why they are the mysterious creatures they are. Welcome to the site, your precious little one is gorgeous!

Abacab

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, di and bob! She is pretty special :blush: