New Cat Owner in Hawaii❤ Aloha !

tiana1206

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey I'm Nesa, I live in Hawaii and just rescued a kitten from the Humane Society. I have no idea what kind of cat she is, and hope that maybe I can get some advice from all you lovely Cat Owners:) She is very playful , really good with my 2 toddlers, and she is my shadow :) She is a baby still, but I am a first time cat owner so I have no idea breed wise lol Mahalo!

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Nesa!
Welcome to TCS and thank you for giving that gorgeous little one a wonderful home! I can't tell 100% for sure since I can't see her sides but it looks like you have a domestic short hair with a brown mackerel tabby. I have a brown mackerel tabby girl as well [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Since this is your first cat, here's a link to a great TCS article you might find informative:

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/care-of-cats-the-responsible-way

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/choosing-the-right-cat-toy-for-your-kitten

There are a ton of articles on just about every cat topic there is in the "Articles" tab and of course, please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions or would like to share more photos of your darling one[emoji]10084[/emoji]️

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiana1206

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Here she is being nosey as always ! Mahalo! I will take a look at that website ! And yes I have been doing research for care etc. just making sure she has the best life possible :)

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After seeing your little one's gorgeous coat from the side, I'm going to say she is a brown domestic short hair with spotted tabby pattern:

http://www.catster.com/cats-101/tabby-cat

Really gorgeous!! What is her name?

I'm so happy she has such a wonderful new mom and family and that she is already bringing you such joy[emoji]10084[/emoji]️

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,and welcome to TCS! Your baby looks like she could possibly have some Bengal in her, she has  spots on her belly and sides!Please post more pics if possible.Someone here might have more info for you.She is adorable anyway you see it.Thank you for adopting her.You will find so many wonderful and helpful people on this site.Enjoy your new kitty!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Nesa and little kitty, welcome to TCS :wavey:

MissHelloKitty is right. Your kitty is a DSH Brown Spotted Tabby. She's a cutie! What's her name?

She is nowhere near a Bengal. Belly markings are very common on Tabbys. And the spots are very much different from Bengals spots.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiana1206

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you ! Her name is Tiana, and I'm new to the whole website so I'll check out the other forums also :)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you ! Her name is Tiana, and I'm new to the whole website so I'll check out the other forums also :)
You are welcomed. Yes, please do browse around. Lots of good helpful stuffs for new cat owners like you. And do post more of Tiana's photos ;)