New Cat Owner Help!!!

lizarae

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We took in a stray cat when she was around a year old. she was using her litter box fine until about a year later we took in another stray kitten. our first cat is a girl and our new cat is a boy. we have a new litter box (in a separate room) for the boy cat, but she barely uses hers now and insists on using his. he obviously doesn’t like this, so he goes to the bathroom wherever he pleases in the house. why is she doing this? i’m assuming it’s a dominance thing. but the boy cat has no interest in being dominant. he’s the most lovable lil baby. our girl cat is fiesty and needs to be the princess at all times. how do i get them to use their own litter boxes? i also have another question. our boy cat got extremely attached to my dad. whines for 30 mins after he leaves for work. and lies by the door until he gets home. sleeps on my dads chest every night. but sometimes, and it’s at random times, he will just pee on my dad. with no warning at all. why??? and how can we get him to stop? before you say it might be an accident, it’s not. he looks at my dad in the eyes and pees.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. Thank you for rescuing two lovely cats. What are their names?

If the new litterboxi s different in any way, the female cat might like it better than the old one.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like it could be a UTI. My boy cat has these problems when he doesn't get enough canned food. Is he eating a lot of dry food? Any canned food?