New cat mama

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi everyone.   I've recently adopted a shelter cat from the SPCA.   She is approximately 3 years old.   She is an orange tabby who I've renamed Ruby.   She has adjusted really well to her new home and her new mama.   Now her new mama wants to join a community of fellow feline folks.  So here I am.   I will likely lurk more than post, but will join discussions whenever I can.   Here's a picture of my girl Ruby.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome.  
  What a lovely girl Ruby is, and I think quite unusual if she's a ginger colour tabby female.  Her fur looks lovely and thick, I hope she lets you cuddle in there, if not yet then soon.  Great cat tree at the window too:  That's how my boy spends a lot of his time when he's not napping. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for the welcome messages. And the compliments on Ruby.   I can't help but wonder if some family is out there missing her, but since she was brought in off the streets and with a slew of health issues, I guess that's unlikely.  

About the cat tree, she doesn't use it much (I had to put her on it to take the picture) however, I did get a pleasant surprise yesterday when I came home and glanced up at the window and she was sitting on it.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   I always look up at my windows when I go past during the day to see if Mouse is there!   Sometimes I do see him, I know he's there quite a bit because I live near a couple of schools and know children that attend there: he seems to be quite well known for his antics at the window. 
  I bet Ruby has a fan base too, I always notice cats at windows as I go along the roads near where I live, and she is such a pretty colour.