New cat lady!

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello fellow cat parents!
My name is Amy, I am a hairdresser and I loooove animals ! I am saving animals and am volunteering at the local killshelter to help those dogs find their forever homes! I recently brought home one from the killshelter cuz he was very sick and close to being killed. He is now a happy boy!
I adopted my little Luke ( Mr.Catto) little more than a year ago ! He was a stray cat and was found hit by a tram.
It is a miracle that he stayed alive! He is a literal survivor and warrior ! Had to amputate both of his front legs, but he is very cute! So we named him Luke.
I am very obsessed with my pets. I want them happy, healthy and with a good life so I spend plenty of time researching for good foods,supplements, rushing to the vet instantly I see there's something wrong. They are my everything.
So Luke is a very happy cat now! We love him a lot, he's a sweetheart. He is also my first fully indoor cat since I'm an adult. My grandparents had many indoor cats and dogs when I was a kid tho!
Please be patient with me, I am still learning and a quite new cat mom ! :sunshine:

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to this wonderful web site. When you get a chance post a picture of your new furry loved one.:)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Thank you for working with the shelters to help find homes for the animals.

Luke is adorable. :catlove: He had both front legs amputated? Is he able to move around ok?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Thank you for working with the shelters to help find homes for the animals.

Luke is adorable. :catlove: He had both front legs amputated? Is he able to move around ok?
thank you!! I always try my best to help animals, no matter what type of animal it is and am studying now to become a vet assistant !
He had his front legs amputated, one totally unfortunately :( that was already healed when I adopted him, and the other one was amputated right then,like approx. half of the leg. So he does have there a little leg, it is just way shorter than it normally would be ! He is able to move around,jump,run,play. We did have a prosthetic leg for that one short leg, but he did not get used to it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww... poor little guy. Though he sounds like he's doing well. He's lucky he has you as his purr-son. :petcat:

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww... poor little guy. Though he sounds like he's doing well. He's lucky he has you as his purr-son. :petcat:
Your Ruby is also very adorable ! Cute little soul :hearthrob:
and thank you again! Luke is doing hopefully ok and better and better. He is past lots and lots of treatments.
I am happy I found this website! :tabbycat:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
3d4a7fca5a901077faa7d23e16e6e300.gif
Amy and Luke, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
Welcome-Cats-Animated-welcome-comment-001.gif
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Luke from the shelter and for giving him a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out his life :clapcat:

Luke is such a handsome boy! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Do post more photos of Luke and we have a special thread here just for him in show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
View attachment 446998 Amy and Luke, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm View attachment 446999 to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Luke from the shelter and for giving him a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out his life :clapcat:

Luke is such a handsome boy! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Do post more photos of Luke and we have a special thread here just for him in show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Thank you very much for the warm welcome! I will post more photos of little Luke !! :tabbycat:

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
View attachment 446998 Amy and Luke, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm View attachment 446999 to both of you.

Forum Rules

btw your boy is very cute too!!!! :tabbycat: