New cat lady saying hello.

melanie jean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'll be poking around the site to learn what (else) I can but I should introduce myself and my merry band of mess-makers. My name is Melanie and at this time I've got six cats, three males- Andi, 10 y/o, Sammy 7 y/o & Vader, 3 y/o and three females (Jamie, 9 y/o, Nikita, 5 y/o & Jersey, 6 y/o but altogether I’ve had eight; I’ve also been through one death and one re-homing and both were rotten. My babies are a mix of former strays, shelter adoptions and one from a rescue… What can I say, I’m an equal opportunity cat owner.

No pictures for the gang because no single picture shows them all but Andi is your typical orange tabby, Sammy is a short haired mostly black cat, Vader is medium haired and also black, Jamie is a calico, Jersey is black and white (not a tux) and Nikita is a torbie.

If I had my way I’d have a house full because there is no shortage of cats that need homes but for these six personalities, six is the limit.

Alternately, you could say, “I own one cat but my cat owns many cats.”.

Have a good day, evening or night, wherever in the world you are.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS, Melanie and kitties! 
  We're very glad you found us.    Don't worry about getting all 6 of those sweet felines into one photo, we love photos of cats around here and can never have too many.
   It sounds like you've got a lovely crew there and if they have strong personalities, all the better. I'm sorry to hear about the one who passed away and the one you had to rehome.   I've experienced both and it's painful, it really is.

I hope you're finding the information that you need but remember, you can always post a question in one of the forums.  Odds are someone here knows the answer.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Melanie and gang, welcome to TCS :wavey:

Great to have you with us. Feel free to ask questions and do check out the many good articles and informative forum threads.

That's right, do post photos of your kitties and they don't have to be in one photo together. Enjoy your stay ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melanie jean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Margd- I'm still looking for what I need but thank you for the welcome. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melanie jean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you to you too TabbyTom. Bear with me, still getting the hang of this reply thing.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you to you too TabbyTom. Bear with me, still getting the hang of this reply thing.
You are welcomed ;)

Take your time and feel free to ask questions if you are unsure in navigating the site.

This will help you :-

[article="31219"][/article]

[article="24980"][/article]

kalebkat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome Melanie and six! I'm in PA, US. Well, me and Kaleb, plus grandmom and fiance too. We are happy to have you. I'm a new member also. I've learned a lot already! Hang in there on getting used to the functionality of the forums. You'll have it down in no time.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! ANY questions at all, just post and someone will be glad to help. Three things that I found really helpful in the beginning are.... You'll get more replies, and more personal ones if you 'Start a New Thread', your very own thread at the bottom left of post as in the rectangular box. Many newcomers just join a thread (which is fine) but many may recognize the title and think they have already joined in. Also, look at the dates on the posts, sometimes you may be giving answers or trying to help someone that posted 10 years ago. Of course old posts are great for advise. And lastly, if your post isn't getting answered right away, post just a one liner below it and it will bring it back up to the top, there are MANY time zones in this world and you may be posting at 3 AM somewhere else in the world and it will take a while for those to come on. I post at 5 AM, just because that is when I have the most time. I have 5 inside cats right now, and two outside, 2 of the inside will be going back out as soon as it warms up here in Nebraska, the amount of hair is driving me batty! Once again, WECOME!!!!  

Last edited: