New cat condo for Freckles :)

dollusions

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! Thanks for the encouraging words and support during my "keeping of the Freckles" LOL. He seems a bit sad but when I read encouraging words (like the ones from Alexandra James) I feel that I am doing the right thing. So I thought and thought about what I could do to make my baby feel better about his new indoor living arrangement - he doesnt play with any of the toys I have all over my kitchen floor for him...so I decided to research cat condos and found a beautiful, affordable 72" version with 15 different levels for him. I ordered it this morning and am so excited I can hardly wait to get it. Free shipping, no tax...it was like it was meant for me to find this! Only thing is, it's going to take about a week to be delivered so I hope I can keep him inside long enough for him to see it and maybe be happy when he gets to play with it. Otherwise I will be stuck with a cat condo and no cat OHHHHH lol.

Thanks again for all the kind words folks, this is a great place for support
Have a great day everyone!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Freckles is sooooo lucky
! He will just love the new cat tree and with 15 levels WOW. Would love to see what it looks like and where you found it. Wish you much luck this week with Freckles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dollusions

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Feral! I went to the Wal-Mart.com website and put "cat condo" in the search. Apparently they sell through outside vendors also and that's how I found this one. I dont know how to post pics here - but if you go there you will see many by the same retailer selling through walmart. This one was originally $299.95 and I got it for $129.95!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WHAT a lucky boy he is!

And if he's been living outside, I'd run outside to get some "toys" for him.
Any pine cones around?

And I really would consider da Bird wand toy (you may need to make it move VERY slowly at first, because it can scare him) with the mouse attachment end. When you get it, you'll look at the little mouse and think "what the heck?" because it is REALLY small. But if he's "mouse-motivated," he'll LOVE it! THe other interactive wand toy to consider is the Neko Flies with the Karantula attachment. It's like a spider, and cats that like chasing bugs BONK OUT for it!

I think that like our Chumley, he has no idea what to do with toys that just lie there. He's used to going after moving things. Chum was TERRIFIED of the wand toy the first time we made the end of it move toward him, and he fled.
But the next day I made it move much more slowly, and within a few days he got up the courage to bat at it. When it didn't bite back... he became a complete nut for wand toy playing!

MAJORLY important point: do NOT leave the wand toys out ANYWHERE he could get to them. Cats that were feral or living outside have a tendency to eat the strings, and then you're either rushing to the hospital to have surgery, or you're picking through poop to make sure they passed the string.
(Yes, learn from our mistakes LOL). Thankfully, we didn't need to rush to surgery... but picking through poop is NOT fun.

alexandrajames

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is wonderful and I'm sure once cat condo arrives, Freckles will be loving it!!

Luna has a cat tree that my husband made for her. She is just now starting to climb on it. I think if we had done something like the condo that has hiding spots insead of or in addition to cat tree, she would probabaly be in it right now!!

Maybe someday.

Just hang in there!! Once you get through another week or so, Freckles will start to become more settled in (as in living inside instead of outside).

Freckles knows that you are loving him!!!

Wishing lots of Love and Luck to you and Freckles!!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I must be a
because I went to the Walmart site and there was not an option to search. Just department choices and it wasn't listed in the pet/cat department. OH well. Anyway, Freckles is such a lucky boy. Hope all is going well today!!!!!!!!! Stay in touch

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Freckles is going to be so happy with his new condo

It's really easy to attach pics, just right click the picture and save it. Then go to Photobucket and upload it, after it's uploaded to Photobucket there will be 4 links under the pic, copy the IMG link and paste it here.