New cat attacking small adult weak cat

siameseluver

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I adopted about a 9 month old male Snowshoe Siamese that I named Goose. I have a 5 year old Tuxedo named Mooooo that I found in a sewer when she was about 3 weeks old. She is a very small cat and is not a loving animal. We think her growth was stunted and she had some developmental issues because she doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t play at all, she runs from bugs and she canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t use her claws properly (she gets her claws stuck in rugs and carpet and I have to unhook her frequently). She still acts very feral.

When I got Goose, he didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t pay much attention to Mooooo. Just recently, he has been attacking her every time they are in the same vicinity. Today I noticed that Mooooo has been staying in a certain closet and sheâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s so scared to come out that she has been using the bathroom in there.

I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know if Goose is picking on Mooooo because she is small and weak or because he hasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t been neutered yet. Can anyone help? I just moved Mooooo to her own room with her own litterbox and food. Maybe this will help for now.

nutrolori

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe if you put some vanilla on the back of their necks and the base of the tail they will have similar scents. This may help eventually deter the attacks. Goose just may not be familiar enough with Mooooo yet and acting on it. I have heard this work for several people that have new additions.

Good luck!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I got Polar in March he was 5 months and picked on all my girls even though he was altered.
Now he is almost 8 months and it is stopping.
Get him altered asap before he hurts the girl.
Polar hurt my other cats.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely get Goose altered asap, he is maturing and may start spraying very soon by the sounds of his behaviour. (I am astounded that a breeder would let him go, especially at an older age without neutering first)

You may need to keep them apart for up to 2 months after the altering, the amount of time it takes for the hormones to fully settle.

Originally Posted by siameseluver

she canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t use her claws properly (she gets her claws stuck in rugs and carpet and I have to unhook her frequently).
That is not uncommon in cats who's claws are not kept trimmed. If you can try and slowly get her used to clipping, even if you start with just one claw at a time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siameseluver

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Definitely get Goose altered asap, he is maturing and may start spraying very soon by the sounds of his behaviour. (I am astounded that a breeder would let him go, especially at an older age without neutering first)

You may need to keep them apart for up to 2 months after the altering, the amount of time it takes for the hormones to fully settle.

That is not uncommon in cats who's claws are not kept trimmed. If you can try and slowly get her used to clipping, even if you start with just one claw at a time.
Thanks for the reply! I do keep her claws trimmed but it's the strangest thing, she still gets them caught in things. It's like she walks with them extracted out.

Also, I didn't get Goose from a breeder, he was found in a dumpster and the lady that found him already had too many kitties. She didn't have the money to get him neutered. I am taking him next week!