New Car!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I got a urge to test drive new cars the other day and see how much they would give me for my car. I bought my 2004 Impala 2 years ago, it has 50,000 miles on it and its in perfect condition - they are going to give me $9,900 for it!
I never thought I'd get that much for it! Especially when I bought it for just about $11,000!

So... first I test drove a 2006 Pontiac G6
and I LOVE it! BUT - they are asking a bit too much for it, so I said sorry, no go!

SO... they showed me a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix, in my price range and I'm in LOVE LOVE LOVE with it! Its so smooth driving, great miles, only 20,000. It has a little scratch here and there, but, with me working in the Dealerships Body Shop, I got the inside edge there
They will fix it for me before I get it

I just have to finish talking to the bank on Monday and it should all be a go ahead!

I have it for the night, so I took some pics to show my mom and you all of course!

The pretty inside

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay new cars!!!

You are braver than I am...I think I'll just live in the city forever so I never need to own my own car! The thought of spending that kind of money makes my head spin. Don't even get me started on how scary buying a house is going to be! Or a wedding! Cripes!

Ok, I've gone off on a tangent now. Anyway, I hope it all works out! It's a pretty car...my ex's family only drives GM cars and they love their Grand Prix

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhh! It's so white! I'm not sure what color our car is, living on a gravel road & all, every car ends up gravel road dirt brown anyways.

That is quite a deal for your Impala. I've always wanted one. Was/is it nice?

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, huge congrats!!

The interior looks really nice. And so does the outside. What a great deal!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Ohhh! It's so white! I'm not sure what color our car is, living on a gravel road & all, every car ends up gravel road dirt brown anyways.

That is quite a deal for your Impala. I've always wanted one. Was/is it nice?
Yes, my Impala is super nice, perfect condition! Nothing even wrong with it, I'm just itching for a trade. Its the standard model Sedan. Impala's are super great cars!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Very nice! Congratulations! I've always had good luck with my Grand Ams, and my brother's family all have Grand Prixs and love them

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright Mack!!! Isn't that new car feeling fantastic. It's been years for me, but I'm not even looking! I have an 01 GrandAm that is paid off, so no car-notes for me. I just need to do some work on it. It's got some scratches and small dents, but it's still pretty. I don't know how much light body work runs, I'm scared to find out!

staciej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How exciting!

No new car for for awhile, my 5 year old Toyota runs like new and I'd hate to part with it anyway.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sanctie

Alright Mack!!! Isn't that new car feeling fantastic. It's been years for me, but I'm not even looking! I have an 01 GrandAm that is paid off, so no car-notes for me. I just need to do some work on it. It's got some scratches and small dents, but it's still pretty. I don't know how much light body work runs, I'm scared to find out!
For scratches and dents, its usually nothing too major! It just depends on the extent of the damages
Too bad you live so far away, if you were closer, I could get you a good deal on fixing it up!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Very nice! Isn't it fun getting a new car? We finally broke down and got rid of our '89 Passat last month, and replaced it with this (a year-old Passat station wagon):

We both love it, even though it doesn't fit in our mini-garage. We've had it since late February, and haven't even used a quarter of a tank of diesel, although we've both been driving a lot more than usual, because of the novelty of the car, and because it's an automatic (which I love having, after almost 25 years of putting up with a gear shift) and holds a lot of "cargo", meaning we finally cleared out a lot of junk that was in the attic and garage, and took it to the dump.
Our neighbor's son was visiting today with his family, and his 4-year-old daughter looked at the car and said, "Look, Daddy, a black "Pasta" car!" I'm still laughing about that. I guess she has Christened our car.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Very nice! Isn't it fun getting a new car? We finally broke down and got rid of our '89 Passat last month, and replaced it with this (a year-old Passat station wagon):

We both love it, even though it doesn't fit in our mini-garage. We've had it since late February, and haven't even used a quarter of a tank of diesel, although we've both been driving a lot more than usual, because of the novelty of the car, and because it's an automatic (which I love having, after almost 25 years of putting up with a gear shift) and holds a lot of "cargo", meaning we finally cleared out a lot of junk that was in the attic and garage, and took it to the dump.
Our neighbor's son was visiting today with his family, and his 4-year-old daughter looked at the car and said, "Look, Daddy, a black "Pasta" car!" I'm still laughing about that. I guess she has Christened our car.
Lovely!! we just got rid of our galaxy last sunday
we miss it soo much!!
We are looking at another car though a smaller one.
Can you husband get this car out of the driveway??

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oohh...I love that! Very nice! Getting a new car is so fun!

I was looking @ Pontiac Vibes, but I think a car would be more efficient for me right now, gas wise and what not - they are about the same price, and I'm still torn - I'll still probly end up with the car, I just am in love with it! I can't wait til Monday til I can drive it again

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

That's awesome Mackenzie! That car is so YOU!!!
Thanks!
I really love it so much, I want it RIGHT NOW!

I am driving home next weekend to my parents (2 hr drive) so I'm sooo excited to be able to drive it all the way home!