New Breeder Cat Not Going Into Second Cycle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BlueDreams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm popping in to remind everyone that this is a community where we put the best interest of cats first.

It can be hard to tell with new members who knows what about cats. I've seen countless threads where someone asked question A and another member added input about topic B which turned out to be highly relevant to the situation and unknown to the original poster.

With that in mind, please let's try not to take these replies the wrong way. If there's a topic someone doesn't want to get any feedback on, the best thing to do is to avoid mentioning it in a forum to begin with :) At the same time, let's try to keep threads on topic too.

Above all, please let's keep discussions civil. And remember, if you see an issue with a reply, just flag it instead of replying.

Thank you.
Very true. My new female breeder did go into heat shortly after my post. It appeared the heat cycle does have an effect with its line. Spoke to a breeder of 20+years and confirmed some of her cats male or female come into heat or are ready to successfully breed a female depending on its line. So my female looks to have just a bit over 2 months between active heat period. This second time around it was 4 to 6 days long. Its was less on the 4th day, bit of occasion calls after that. Her first heat was 2 - 3 days long. My male didn't appear motivated. When mentioning this to breeder I spoke with, she said she had a male who didn't breed a female until he was 4, his first male kitten then took 3 years, that males kitten took 2 years, and that cats kitten just under a year...she said it was silly how with each generation the time was decreasing...she filtered out the long breaks until, but not intentionally...or i don't think that was the goal.

My female is now over a year old. Very affectionate but now in that mood where she wants nothing to do with my male. I didn't witness a successful breeding, males didn't seem too interested, but he was very motivated with her first cycle. He could be stress do to current travel we make last month and having a new but not so new ragdoll female in the house.
Just wanted to post an update in regards to my question.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BlueDreams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Correction toward the end. It is male. Not males! Just 1 male. Wow, never with multiple males at once! Sorry for typos