New boy

samsons

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys. This is my first time posting and would like to first introduce myself. I'm tony and I just recused a great boy named Samson. He has been coming to my business for a few months now and lived in terrible conditions, finally I had enough and took him to the vet and got him the works because I was tired of seeing him neglected by his owners, he was covered in fleas and never been brushed or cleaned. He now lives in my home and sleeps on my bed and couches as he pleases. Now he is one of the happiest cats in town I really don't care if his family is looking for him because they don't deserve his great attitude. The only issue is I have a bulldog and have been trying to get them to become best buds. So far it's been good days and little bad days. How can I get them to get along peacefully.

Thanks
Tony

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It can take awhile.  Dogs and cats can get along contrary to popular belief but it's more of how you let them interact that determines it.  They speak a different "language" and many things a dog will do to show it's friendly to other dogs, to a cat, is aggressive or bullying.  Keep interactions short and if the cat is too uncomfortable, separate them and try again later.  Do not let your dog chase the cat or get up in it's face or bark at him.  This will be difficult for most dogs.  Soon, Samson should figure out the dog means him no harm.  But until then, just keep interactions short and make sure there isn't too much in-your-face contact between dog and cat.  Samson needs to feel comfortable and unthreatened before this happens.