New Box Time

amandak21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well since my kitty is now 6lbs and outgrown his first litter box, and also finishing up what hopefully is his last round of deworming and albon suspension for a parasite (eek) it is time for a new and BIGGER box!

I've read many opinions about covered and non covered, non covered seeming to be the favorite at making the cats most comfortable. My only issue is i have a real crazy digger here, every trip to the box leave probably half a cup of litter on the floor.

So between large non covered, large covered, and using steralite and other storage boxes to make your own i am officially confused \t

So what kind of litter box is everyone out there using? (i'm only a one cat household) and am i a bad kitty mommy for wanting a covered one? lol.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use a litter box with tall sides, about 6" - 8" high. I got Tumbles when he was just 9 weeks old and weighed about 3 lbs. He's been using that size since we got him and he never had problems getting in/out of the box. He loves to dig and that's held it inside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amandak21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is insane, if he could he would dig a hole to china...and back...and back again!\t

if i had a bigger residence with or a basement fixed up i would probably just get him a large kiddy pool and let him go to town

i saw at petco they had a very large and tall one. it was covered but it was all clear so that it seemed very open and light can get in, do you think that would still be a bad idea?

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmandaK21

He is insane, if he could he would dig a hole to china...and back...and back again!\t

if i had a bigger residence with or a basement fixed up i would probably just get him a large kiddy pool and let him go to town
That sounds like my Loki and Momma cat

i saw at petco they had a very large and tall one. it was covered but it was all clear so that it seemed very open and light can get in, do you think that would still be a bad idea?
If you could please post a link or a picture that would help me at least. I just have to say SOME covered boxes are not as spacious as they appear. Plus some cats do not like covered litter boxes.

The one in the second link I posted earlier is very high on the sides and back. So it is very good at keep the mess contained in my experience.

P.S. I hope you wanted me to answer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amandak21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
of course i did! lol

well i can't find the exact one, this one is similar but the one i saw in store was 40$ and this is 15$ sooooo yeah but this is close as i can find

http://www.petco.com/product/112682/...r%20Box-112682

gee i can not get this whole insert link thing to work!\t
sorry everybody haha

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

of course i did! lol

well i can't find the exact one, this one is similar but the one i saw in store was 40$ and this is 15$ sooooo yeah but this is close as i can find

http://www.petco.com/product/112682/...r%20Box-112682

gee i can not get this whole insert link thing to work!\t
sorry everybody haha
The dimensions on that box look great. Plus if your cat does not like the top it still would work as an uncovered box, in my humble opinion.

The link works for me but