New Bengal, Burmese & Cornish Rex all bunged together in one room!

sully

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are all new, Bumese Boy and Cornish girl are 12 weeks and Bengal girl is 16 weeks.

I got the Bengal last week and added the other two on Sunday. Was planning a gradual intro with scent swapping etc, but then was advised that kittens usually work out their differences in a few days when theyre so young.

So far, everyone hated one another but 48 hours on and they all tolerate each other without close contact. When one gets too close to the other there is some hissing. Is this going to subside?

I really want them all to be best buddies. The Rex girl and Burmese boy are now getting closer and sleeping on the same bed fairly near to each other but my Rex girl is very jealous and always wants my lap and hisses at the others if they come near!

What does everyone think - in a few days will they all be friends?

Last edited:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
From my experience cats need to be introduced slowly if there is fighting or growling or hissing or posturing, these are not good signs.  Also watch to be sure everyone is getting to eat their own food and that there are no litter box ambushes?  How many litter boxes do you have in the one room?

Eventually the cats will need to get closer to one another.  Slow steady introductions are much better.  Are they all spayed/neutered?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sully

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks - but has anyone done a 3 kitten intro this way and seen it work out well after the initial hostility? They are 3 days in now so I hope they will all be getting along soon!

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That doesn't sound like a good way for these kittens to start out in their new home. Sounds like the Bengal is stressed out, and it probably doesn't help that the other two are bonding without her. I am no expert by any means, but I've read that bad introductions can lead to lasting animosity between cats, and everything I've read indicates that introductions should be gradual, in stages, and always supervised.

What were the circumstances in which you got the three kittens?

sully

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there. The circumstances? I mean I just purchased them from breeders because I wanted them. No special circumstances or anything. By the way they are all getting along now! I was told it usuallytakes about 4 days. They all play and sniff one another now. Not at the cuddly stage yet but all aggression has subsided and everyone seems relaxed and happy :):):)

sully

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Further update - everyone is now BEST BUDDIES! So happy! No need to be so cautious with introductions after all (at this age).

sully

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

That doesn't sound like a good way for these kittens to start out in their new home. Sounds like the Bengal is stressed out, and it probably doesn't help that the other two are bonding without her. I am no expert by any means, but I've read that bad introductions can lead to lasting animosity between cats, and everything I've read indicates that introductions should be gradual, in stages, and always supervised.

What were the circumstances in which you got the three
@Plan    By the way, how did you work out that the Bengal 'sounds stressed' ? Just curious..

Last edited by a moderator: