New backyard stray

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Two years ago we found a stray grey cat in our yard...where has the time gone? 

Random and Wendel are inseparable.

Wendel is Random's courage and Random is Wendel's innocence. I had no idea how good a little brother would be for the big guy - if Wendel starts to get anxious, Random goes and licks his head and calms him down. Random's topped out at around 12.5 lbs. He's the biggest of the three, but in some ways he'll always be a kitten. He just has that simple innocence that I doubt he'll ever grow out of. Interestingly, Wendel and Sybil both treat him like a kitten.

So, for all intents and purposes, Random's coming up on his second Gotcha day...he's still my baby boy, still gives the worlds lightest head-bumps and I still haven't finished the afghan. 

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a fantastic update!!  It reminds of my sweet boy Marvin.  I brought him in 2 years ago in May.  He was a stray turned feral.  I had no intention of bringing him into my home and had done TNR on him a few month prior.  Yet he was causing all kinds of trouble with my other ferals.  Once inside he was sweet.  Then he met my resident cat and all it was a nightmare.  The new kitty was awful.  He was mean and nasty and wanted to truly hurt my resident boy.  Yet, bit by bit I plugged alone and worked so hard on introductions.  It took them one solid year.  Now they too are best buddies.  Also the new kitty is the absolute best and sweetest cat.  He causes no trouble and is so docile and sweet.  He is still scared of so much, but is very loving and so happy to be inside.  He has never ever once even tried to get outside.  He knew he has found his forever inside only home!!

Love your pictures!!