New American Idol Judges...

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sk_pacer

A talent show, or for that matter, any competitoin has to be about the judges to a certain extent. For example, if you were to enter your cat in a cat show, would you want a certified sheep judge making the call? Of course not, you would want a cat judge. By the same token, for a musical competion, you want judges that have a high degree of musical competence be the judge Steven Tyler, Merle Haggard or just some good session musician and a talk show host just doesn't cut it. It also helps that the musician has a good ear and is also a composer and therefore understands structure and delivery; that is not someone who makes canned music slated to teeny-boppers who want everyone to sound the same
What I wanted was some judges who are knowlegable in the music and entertainment industry and not celebrities they're using to try to get people to watch a dying show.

Idol is one the few reality shows I watch - the other being So You Think You Can Dance. I watch to see the talent and the judging is secondary. I would love if Idol would find someone like Adam Shankman who can intelligently critique a performance, but who also brings some personality to the panel.

Frankly, the only tv I occasionally watch these days (aside from those two shows) are old sitcoms like Becker and M*A*S*H. Nothing on worth bothering with anymore.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not an American Idol fan either, but I do watch it occasionally. I recently heard Randy Jackson is still staying on the program. Now I have a really dumb question,
is this Michael Jackson's brother, or is he someone else?????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

I'm not an American Idol fan either, but I do watch it occasionally. I recently heard Randy Jackson is still staying on the program. Now I have a really dumb question,
is this Michael Jackson's brother, or is he someone else?????
There is no relation between Randy Jackson and Michael Jackson.