New Affordable PetSmart Brand! =D

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise

I would STOP using your microwave go through steps online

how to check if machine is OK
A little sparking is not going to damage the magnetron nor is it going to affect the inside sealing.  The sparking is from irregular electrical fields on the object.  You can get food to spark if it is cut with really sharp edges.  A little iron helps too, there's a great article of kale causing sparking.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...science-of-why-veggies-spark-in-the-microwave

If you keep it on for several minutes, yeah you do risk damaging the magnetron.  But a "whoops, that shouldn't be in there" is harmless.  And a damaged magnetron means that your food won't heat up.

Your standard microwave, if you damage internal parts (not the magnetron) enough to start abnormal heating, will blow an internal fuse and you're taking it to the repair shop.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
A little sparking is not going to damage the magnetron nor is it going to affect the inside sealing.  The sparking is from irregular electrical fields on the object.  You can get food to spark if it is cut with really sharp edges.  A little iron helps too, there's a great article of kale causing sparking.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...science-of-why-veggies-spark-in-the-microwave

If you keep it on for several minutes, yeah you do risk damaging the magnetron.  But a "whoops, that shouldn't be in there" is harmless.  And a damaged magnetron means that your food won't heat up.

Your standard microwave, if you damage internal parts (not the magnetron) enough to start abnormal heating, will blow an internal fuse and you're taking it to the repair shop.
Most microwaves can take a lot of abuse there's a whole series on YouTube of guys putting stuff in the microwave that shouldn't be in there (Is it a Good Idea to Microwave this?).

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Interesting, what news veggies can spark! thanks for sharing  So Petsmart 'Fresh Pet' cat food is OK not to blame for Sparks  

Turfted microwave out did not need. Always warmed cat food up with warm water.

Last edited:

jackiebagels

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know this thread is pretty old, but I just bought this cat food TODAY for the same reasons......it's reasonably priced and it has good ingredients! I really hope my fur babies approve. 

maryah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been researching all over the place for reasonably priced dry/wet food that's healthy enough for my lovely little 10 month old girl to transition to. She's been on Royal Canin kitten chow since I got her 5 weeks ago, weighs 7 lbs now.

Any updates from folks who have tried this brand?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:dunno: Any updates on GoodNaturals Kitten? My local stores are unable to keep Purina Cat Chow Naturals in stock so I am looking for the best yet affordable food that I can buy.

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to give 1 final update now that Gage has been on the food for over a month!

He didn't have 1 single instance of tummy upset. He LOVES eating it! And his coat looks shiny and healthy!

I bought the 16lb bag and put the whole thing in an air-tight pet food container! Should last us awhile!

I will continue feeding him Nutro kitten canned food until he can eat the Good Natured adult canned! (still haven't seen any sign of a kitten canned food from them yet)

Here's Gage hanging out in front of the food container. He likes to lay in this trash bin. We keep it clean and empty. lol xD

What a handsome ticked tabby! :)

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
:dunno: Any updates on GoodNaturals Kitten? My local stores are unable to keep Purina Cat Chow Naturals in stock so I am looking for the best yet affordable food that I can buy.
I just switched to rescues to it from purina kitten chow. I have been feeding the grain free adult. To my other 7. Though its high in carbs and havent been able to get the large bags for awhile. Will have to switch only have one bag left :(