New ADopted cat got out of the house

Sadfostermom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can anyone help my foster cat got adopted two Sundays ago they’ve been great to him they had him in a room by himself to get him acclimated to themselves and everything else everything‘s been going well except for he still hiding a lot then the other day they decided to try and let him out into the rest of the house because he wanted out so badly, they just thought he was sniffing out the house and left him to explore then last night they were looking for him and couldn’t find him and just thought he was hiding really well and discovered that he pushed out of a small screen in a room they didn’t think he would even be in how can I help them what can they do what is that cat most likely doing in a completely unfamiliar territory Fred has always been a sweet sweet boy but apparently since he’s been there he has been very scared but really coming over around and really liking the new owners I don’t know why he did this he never tried to get out of my house

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. There stands a good chance that he is hiding out somewhere in the area - under a deck, in a neighbor's backyard, etc. You probably really do need to help in the search since Fred knows you better. Use all the tips in the above articles and make sure first and foremost all surrounding neighbors are told, and even ask to access their backyards should he be hiding out there.

There is a possibility that he could try to find his way back to your house, so keep that in mind when you solicit help in searching for him.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They should set a humane trap and monitor it constantly from a far. If he is that frightened he will hide and run from them. Also set up cameras to monitor activity. Leave the screen where he escaped open so he can go back in, although I doubt he will. They should leave food for him so he doesnt leave looking for food but that’s also dangerous since it will attract other animals. I would start with the humane trap.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers and vibes for the safe recovery of Fred! You must be so worried - maybe try sending mental vibes to Fred. I would go to their house and try to put some of your "scent-soakers" in the area as well as to try calling; an old t-shirt, used pillowcase or washcloths can work, pretty much anything that has a strong scent,You can have them record your voice to play intermittently. :vibes::vibes::vibes: