New Acne medication

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's such a no no...but I'm guilt of it! I can't stand to have a whitehead on my face! They just look so gross. I can't stand it when people have a face full of zits and they look like they're ready to burst at any moment. EWWWWWWWWWWWW!

uabassoon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yuck, here's what my face looked like before I started using proactive, and since it's in black and white it doesn't look nearly as nasty as it really was. But now my face is all nice and clear except for that one time a month where now I many get one or two small pimples.

jellybelly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hey, they have acne products in the google ads!!!

btw you look soooo nice!!! and your face wasn't bad as mine!!! Glad I don't have pics of those days or now!!!
So the proactive worked? Hmmmm....I'll check with my dermatologist and see what she says, mine I think are more cystic like because they come back in the same place and are way painful and leave bad scarring, whether I pop them or not. Hmmmmm.....where's the after pic of you?

uabassoon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmmmmm.....where's the after pic of you?
This isn't a great picture, but it's pretty recent and you can tell that my face isn't as splotchy as it used to be.

jellybelly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY! btw, what are you doing in that pic?
curious to know what people/furbabies were doing at the time pic was taken

did you use proactive once a day and it didn't dry yours out?

Shell, what about the stuff you're using, you use it once a day?

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
JellyBelly, don't use Proactiv twice a day. Try just using the cleanser once a day (I prefer the morning) for a while. That's what I had to do eventually or else my skin started turning white and red.

You don't want Accutane--I had a friend who took it and she practically bathed in Crisco and still was dried out and itched really bad all over (and I mean ALL OVER!). It will also probably affect you sexually by drying you out if you know what I mean.

Uabassoon, my face was like that too before using Proactiv. Occasionally it would clear up, but I pretty much had acne like that all the time. And unlike these other lucky ladies, I've had it since I was 10 (I'm 35 now). All my school pics are horrible. I cringe when I look at them.

uabassoon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In that picture I was in a recording studio working on a steel drum CD.

As for the ProActive I use the cleaner twice a day and the lotion and toner once a day. At first I used it all twice a day, then when my skin started to clear up I stopped using the toner and lotion twice a day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Jellybelly

Shell, what about the stuff you're using, you use it once a day?
I use it twice a day. Thats what it recommends. Actually I just got done washing my face!
Sad to report, I got a new zit.
But it's almost THAT time again too...so go figure!