New 4 month old kitten

cats meow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to kitten proof my electrical cords?  I  think i've done a fairly good job but there are some that still dangle.  I have heard if you rub the cords with lavender oil, it may help.  Thoughts??  Thank you in advance.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't use lavendar oil or any other kind of essential oil. Those can be toxic to cats.

There are electrical cord covers you can buy at office supply stores and many other places. You can also use clear aquarium air line tubing or thicker wider diameter similar tubing from the hardware store. Slit the tube lengthwise and tuck the cords inside the tube. You can coat the outside of the tube with Bitter Apple spray or tobasco sauce to deter chewing.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't use lavendar oil or any other kind of essential oil. Those can be toxic to cats.
:yeah:
Simply wrapping the wires in tinfoil can help too - biting down on foil is enough to deter all but the most determined chewers ;) Make sure you have safe, appropriate toys for the kitten to chew too. Chewing is a natural instinct for kittens - especially when teething - and appropriate chew toys are a must at this age.
[article="22410"][/article][article="33224"][/article]

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are electrical cord covers you can buy at office supply stores and many other places.
"CritterCord".   It's a clear tubing that smells HORRIBLE to people, and it's supposed to smell AND taste bad to cats.

I've got some of it.
It's pretty chewed up though.....