Never have I ever - Retro Edition

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Two for me, no AOL address or My Space account. I still do a lot of faxing for work but it is electronic from a work computer. I think that is because I do medical billing. Only certain things meet HIPAA standards and secure electronic fax meets those requirements. Certain secure email does as well but then you get into both having the right setup for the email as well as passwords, the secure electronic fax is easier.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking about this list and AOL accounts. Anyone else have Prodigy before AOL? They weren’t internet based then but neither was AOL, just individual social sites.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
6 - I've never used a rotary phone or a typewriter, listened to a vinyl (although my parents had them when I was growing up, I have no memory of the record player being used) or a Walkman, or had a MySpace account or an AOL email address (although my parents did.)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1/2 a point... technically we had an encyclopedia set but I think it was packed away somewhere or something because it's only in recent years my mother has asked if we want it for our homeschool. (I said no thank you. :lol:)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think 2, MySpace and dial-up.

Possibly the rotary phone as well. I remember our church had one and playing with it, but maybe I never made a real call.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am in the "never had a My Space" group as well.

About a year ago I actually used a paper map. I was trying to get to a community not that far from me called La Canada. (there should be a Spanish accent, a tilde, on the "n".) Siri kept hearing "Canada", like our neighbors to the north, and kindly supplied directions to Vancouver.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 for me. I've never had a MySpace account or AOL e-mail, and although we did have encyclopedias growing up...they were my parents' not mine.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No MySpace or AOL, because I wasn’t doing anything resembling social media then and I don’t know what AOL is. I had three sets of the Encyclopaedia Britannica over the years. My first two trips overseas were all paid by Thomas Cook travellers’ cheques.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
3 - No MySpace, No AOL, we used Earthlink - anyone remember that? And I don't remember using a Walkman to listen to music.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you’ve never gotten your finger stuck dialing a rotary phone you’re missing out! 😅

My one grandma was a shopper while my grandpa was into electronic things and they had push button phones before anyone else. They were so cool to press! :lol: