Never Had A Cat Before!

NewCatPerson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! I am new here as well as a new cat owner. Always been a dog person so I joined this group to get as much info as I can. My son adopted a 10 month old cat a few weeks ago. He’s a love and has adjusted well to his new home. His paper work says he’s a yellow cat. Was wondering if anyone can tell me more specifically what he is?

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We’re glad to have you here. Your son’s kitty is absolutely adorable! I love his coloring and round face. I would describe him as a cream tabby Domestic Shorthair. I would need a sideview picture to help you figure out the exact kind of tabby pattern (mackeral, broken mackeral, classic, or spotted). With his wide face, I think he might have some British Shorthair in him, but you can’t be sure without a DNA test. He’s a very handsome kitty!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the Cat site! I’m a reformed dog lover myself (just kidding, but I did grow up with dogs). Cats are so different, and learning about them and their crazy cat language is very helpful! Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, or just share crazy photos and stories! :hellocomputer:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and your pretty kitty! I wasn't a cat owner before I got my two either, and learnt most of what I know from experienced friends and family as well as the amazing experienced owners here on TCS :)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-090208.gif
NewCatPerson and Joe, on behalf of The Ctasite community, a warm
IMG_3650.JPG
to the both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Yea, you've got a cute handsome Joe there! :lovecat2: :lovecat:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:
Congrats on becoming a new cat "parent". :petcat:
Joe, aka Kitty, is super handsome. :catlove:

Since you're a "first time cat owner", here's a TCS article written for folks like you: First-time Cat Owner's Guide