Neutered Male Mounting Spayed Female Suddenly

cat mama of 3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey,  my Neutered Male is 10 years, female is almost 2, spayed.  I have had him for 10 years, she was born in my house-Oct. 2012.  They have always been together, friends.  He has suddenly started mounting her, and she is allowing it.  It seems odd, so suddenly.  I am retired, home all the time so I know this just started.  I need answers too.  WHY?  These 2 are strictly house cats, and there are none in the yard for them to see.   Hmmmm.  Someone, please help me understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This sounds very strange. Unfortunately I have no real insights to offer but hopefully someone with experience with this will chime in soon.  While it is strange, I am not sure if it is really a cause for concern if neither of them seem distressed by this. Maybe it is just a  way for them to play.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Cat Mama,

Two of my neutered males do the same thing to the spayed females. I've never been able to work out why either, I think it might be a play/dominance thing.

How does the female cat react? Does it bother her at all?

crazycatlady19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have the same issue going on but my girl is terrified to the point shes been hiding for days and only comes out to eat but hides again as soon as he notices her. Its getting to the point im seriously considering rehoming him but my boyfriend loves the boy and laughs and screams at me that i better not touch him when i go to lock him up when he does it