Neutered male cat seems like something is coming out of place

Gac06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has 9 months he has been neutered 4 days ago. Since I brought him home I saw like something was pulling out of the testicle is, I asked to my vet and said that's ok but that thing is still there and doesn't look like is coming in its place. I wanna know if is normal or should I worry about it. (This is my first time neuter a Male cat) he is licking the wound but I try to stop it he isn't use a cone because he's taking it away every time I put him back or hurt the wound with it, he has too much energy and jumping and playing like a little crazy
I concern about that open wound he's still with medication (antibiotics and antiseptic cream) but tomorrow over the antibiotics
My vet doesn't give much information just saying he is okay. Can you please tell me if his wound seem healing well or if it doesn't please?

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gac06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I forget to ask, in how many days that thing should it back inside of the wound?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat has 9 months he has been neutered 4 days ago. Since I brought him home I saw like something was pulling out of the testicle is, I asked to my vet and said that's ok but that thing is still there and doesn't look like is coming in its place. I wanna know if is normal or should I worry about it. (This is my first time neuter a Male cat) he is licking the wound but I try to stop it he isn't use a cone because he's taking it away every time I put him back or hurt the wound with it, he has too much energy and jumping and playing like a little crazy
I concern about that open wound he's still with medication (antibiotics and antiseptic cream) but tomorrow over the antibiotics
My vet doesn't give much information just saying he is okay. Can you please tell me if his wound seem healing well or if it doesn't please?
I forget to ask, in how many days that thing should it back inside of the wound?
Hi Gac06 Gac06 ...what you are noticing is probably the subcutaneous layer with fat, which is right underneath the skin layer.

With my own cats, I've never seen a neuter site open up so much...so even though you have mentioned that he does not like the cone...can you make a DIY cone...from like a paper plate, or soft cardboard, and try to place around his neck...so that it prevents him from licking his neuter site.
There are many youtube, and online sites,...which show 'diy cat cones'.

Are you noticing the incision site....scab over at all...and then the scab falls off?
Usually, with cats the incisions scab over fast.

With the antibiotic and cream, since you said that you will be giving the last dose today....I would really take him back to the Vet, so that they can look at the neuter site...and prescribe more antibiotics.
Plus, they could also give you an antiseptic type scrub, which may be just the same as the cream, or even better.

Usually, you will see the neuter incision heal within a few days...but since your cat has a much larger opening, now, I would definitely take him for a 're-check'...just to make sure.
Also, try sending the photos, through email or text to your Vet, and asking specifically about the opening size.

Good on you, for getting your cat neutered. :)
Please update us, when you can.
And Good Luck, for a faster healing for your cat. :goodluck:

If you are NOT squeamish, about looking at photos and diagrams....concerning cat neuters...then this site has some very good photos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gac06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Gac06 Gac06 ...what you are noticing is probably the subcutaneous layer with fat, which is right underneath the skin layer.

With my own cats, I've never seen a neuter site open up so much...so even though you have mentioned that he does not like the cone...can you make a DIY cone...from like a paper plate, or soft cardboard, and try to place around his neck...so that it prevents him from licking his neuter site.
There are many youtube, and online sites,...which show 'diy cat cones'.

Are you noticing the incision site....scab over at all...and then the scab falls off?
Usually, with cats the incisions scab over fast.

With the antibiotic and cream, since you said that you will be giving the last dose today....I would really take him back to the Vet, so that they can look at the neuter site...and prescribe more antibiotics.
Plus, they could also give you an antiseptic type scrub, which may be just the same as the cream, or even better.

Usually, you will see the neuter incision heal within a few days...but since your cat has a much larger opening, now, I would definitely take him for a 're-check'...just to make sure.
Also, try sending the photos, through email or text to your Vet, and asking specifically about the opening size.

Good on you, for getting your cat neutered. :)
Please update us, when you can.
And Good Luck, for a faster healing for your cat. :goodluck:

If you are NOT squeamish, about looking at photos and diagrams....concerning cat neuters...then this site has some very good photos.

He hasn't has scabs I check the wound every day at least 3 times but scabs never been there, is just like the thing coming from inside and then the skin
The hasn't liquid or anything coming from there and he plays and eats as usual.

Thank you so much I already made an collar from a YouTube video

I think today going to take him to vet
I'm going to let you know how's the things going on

Pd. I'm from Honduras so here there isn't much information about these cases

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
He hasn't has scabs I check the wound every day at least 3 times but scabs never been there, is just like the thing coming from inside and then the skin
The hasn't liquid or anything coming from there and he plays and eats as usual.

Thank you so much I already made an collar from a YouTube video

I think today going to take him to vet
I'm going to let you know how's the things going on

Pd. I'm from Honduras so here there isn't much information about these cases
Sounds good that he plays and eats as usual. :thumbsup:

More than likely, your cat was probably licking it a bit,..since I figure it must be itchy, or feel a bit weird to our cats,...and so they naturally want to lick any spots that feel unusual to them.

It's really good that you made a collar, and hopefully, your cat will keep it on. :tabbycat: :bluepaw::greenpaw:

I know it's difficult, since cats are so smart, and find so many ways to take things off, especially if they don't like how the collar feels, or gets in the way of their daily routines.
The good thing is, that your cat will probably not have to wear it for long.
Just keep telling him that. :blush: :catlove::coolcat:

(Nice that you are from Honduras. I bet you have way better weather than here, in ontario, canada.
We have four seasons, Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. (and I don't like the winter, anymore..it's cold, wet, and snow.) Now it's summer, here, so that's okay.)

Oh, and Vets, here, also don't always tell you much about the neuter operation, itself. :dunno:
They just tell you to watch for big swelling, redness, a lot of bleeding, or white, or yellowish pus, coming from the incision site.

My cats were a bit younger than yours, at 5.5 months, when neutered and spayed,...and the vet didn't even give me a cone.
The male kitten, was up and running around, after four hours, and also, like you said, ..they play like crazy,...and fast, too.
So much energy,...I don't think anyone can stop a kitten from playing. :lol::running:

I think you will see that your cat will heal faster, now that he won't be able to lick the incision site. :agree:
Plus, maybe your camera...is really good, and these photos,...are just zoomed in...so it looks a bit bigger, than they actually are. :think:

What is your cat's name? and if you want, just post a photo of how he looks, from the face side.
Here, at the Cat Site, we all love to see cat photos.

If you take daily photos, of the neuter incision site,...then you will probably see small improvements, every day, too.
(I think I read that some cats take up to 7-14 days to completely heal, so maybe because a cat, or kitten is older, and bigger, it would take a little longer.)