Neuter/Spay not throw away...

pskane610

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is my 3rd bout with the issue of people throwing away a pregnant cat that's only a kitten herself.
First kitten, what so malnourished she was half bald (not mange) and you couldn't tell she was pregnant. She only had 2 kittens, thankfully. She is now around 12 years old, healthy and a beautiful red/white long-hair.
Second kitten was dumped with her brother? and didn't know about giving birth... she walked around dropping babies and had one that was extremely large and stillborn. I had to rush her to the vet late at night because one very small baby wouldn't deliver. She was pregnant from various times.
Now, I'm currently on the third little girl, who has been a dream! Whoever dumped her didn't deserve the wonderful cat(kitten) she is. I will try to find her and her 4 kittens forever homes when the time comes because I all ready have SIX unwanteds that I now call my own, from 16 years old down to 4 years old.
Please, please spay and neuter your pets 🤗.

Being new to the site, I hope this post is all right. My heart just breaks each time I go through this. It's all a very needless thing for the momma kittens to have to suffer.
20200720_111621.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your post is wonderful! I am in the same boat, and I now have 9 cats as a result of pregnant strays and other unwanted adult cats, my last two coming in since this past November. I will say that all of my cats are very sweet though, and they range in age from 1-12.

I agree that people should take care of their cats and spay and neuter immediately, and if there are extenuating circumstances - such as closures due to Covid-19 - they should not let their cats outside or around intact males. We’ve had a lot of “Covid“ kittens born this summer.

But people continue to move and leave cats behind, and let litters born outside roam or they take them and dump them. It’s very sad, especially when there are low-cost spay and neuter clinics and no-kill shelters in most areas. It is a very frustrating problem, and it is why shelters spay, neuter, and vaccinate before placing cats for adoption. It guarantees there will be no breeding.

You are very kind to take in yet another stray and care for her and her litter. Thank you for speaking out about the problem, and I wish you all the best! :)

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister was a very irresponsible cat owner. Never got her cats fixed. At one point she had 5 adults and 12 kittens. Two females gave birth to 6 kittens each around the same time. Brothers and sisters were having babies. Moms and sons. It was disgusting!! When she decided to move, she took all but one to the shelter. One was pregnant again that we know. I lost a lot of respect for her after all that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pskane610

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thankyou for taking in this girl and for bringing up this subject it's important. I'm in the UK and cat's protection give vouchers for spaying and neutering to people on low incomes. Yet so many times cat's are let down by irresponsible owners.:rock:
I was lucky with the last batch and found a not-for-profit vet group and my county in Northern VA offered discount coupons. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to afford the outrageous fees for shots and spaying/neutering.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was lucky with the last batch and found a not-for-profit vet group and my county in Northern VA offered discount coupons. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to afford the outrageous fees for shots and spaying/neutering.
It is so expensive but there is help out there, As we both know you have to look for it I'm lucky the vet I have is reasonable some vets are so expensive I wouldn't be able to afford a check up. I really do think it's lovely the way you have cared for all those strays and made them part of your family, it's good that we can let people know about help when they read this.