Netflix

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Anybody have it? Do you like it? Is it worth the money?

I'm going to start getting it. Not right now, I want to wait until Lucifer season 4 comes on and I don't think it's showing yet. We have the FireStick and I watch it from time to time. I think I can get Netflix through the Stick.

Anything I need to know about Netflix? Good, bad, ugly? Thanks!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i subscribe to Netflix on and off. it has some tv shows i like to watch. i haven't had any problems with Netflix.

i usually subscribe for one month, and then cancel. i find that i'm usually all caught up on the tv series i like by the end of the month. then i wait until at least several of the tv shows i like have new episodes/seasons out, at which point i'll subscribe for another month.

i do the same with Hulu, and Britbox. and i'll only subscribe to one of them at a time.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had the DVD rental for years, and I like it, mainly because you can add movies you want to see to a wish list, which then moves up to your queue when they're released. I've got a Firestick, too, but I haven't added streaming yet. I looked into the streaming feature on Amazon, but it looks like Netflix is a better deal. I don't watch TV shows unless it's shows made for premium channels that I don't get, so I can't comment on availability.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm like DreamerRose DreamerRose , I love the wish list aspect of the movies :thumbsup: since I'm not really one to pay to go to a movie nowadays (except I just might for the latest How To Train Your Dragon) :bunnydance:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a Netflix addict. It's the best streaming site I've used, and I love that they have a lot of old films on for show. I do love the Netflix originals but sometimes it's nice to watch old shows and films that don't appear much on TV anymore - such as The Office UK and Friends! There's such a wide variety of shows and films to choose from that even those who aren't big television junkies will find something they'll like on there. Am very happy to find out that The Tudors is coming to Netflix sometime soon :thumbsup:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom just got Netflix. I don't have home internet, and the connection on my phone isn't good enough out at my house for me to stream anything, but I can download shows onto my tablet when I visit my parents! So I have about 35 shows on my tablet right now, lol. Disenchantment, The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, The IT crowd, and some Monty Python episodes :D.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use my parents' account so I don't pay for it, but even if I did it's definitely worth it to me. I don't have cable so I just stream to my TV with a Fire Stick.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've had Netflix digital since probably 2008 and have never regretted it. One thing to note is that it only has past seasons of shows, not current. When the last season shows up depends on the studio or parent channel but most don't release the last season until the month or two before a new season is about to air.

Netflix has a lot of it's own content now that is really good.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anybody have it? Do you like it? Is it worth the money?

I'm going to start getting it. Not right now, I want to wait until Lucifer season 4 comes on and I don't think it's showing yet. We have the FireStick and I watch it from time to time. I think I can get Netflix through the Stick.

Anything I need to know about Netflix? Good, bad, ugly? Thanks!
I love it. DD Loves it. It's a big part of the reason I told Dish Network to take a hike back in 2013. I was paying $130 a month for it and it wasn't worth it. When DD left to go to school, I shut it off. I never went back. I have the streaming and DVD plans. I got the DVD plan when DD was in school because she took a film class to get extra credits and they had all the movies she needed. I kept it because she likes it. It's 100% worth it IMO. I also have Hulu and Amazon Prime streaming but use Netflix the most. It's around $21 a month for both the streaming and DVD plans. They should have a free trial.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We have it and enjoyed watching some older series on it. We don't use it that often although my husband uses it way more than me to watch the older Star Trek series.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
check out YouTube Live TV. It's almost like Netflix but they will record your shows you add to your favorites. Netflix is good too. I also have a fire stick but find Netflix has more larger variety it seems. There's also Philo which is I think $10? a month- then there's Sling TV. Sling only gives some of the networks I watch. I think Philo has quite the lineup as well. I like the idea of only having one service at a time. I should do that..I just forget to do it. I have a digital antenna that we need to put up so we can tell DirectV to shove off. I got a smaller package but still 78 a month and the antenna with Philo has a big variety. My neighbor on other side of park gets 14 channels with her outdoor digital antenna and she's happy with it. I say go for it. you can also just use their free trial then turn it off.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We got rid of cable tv several years ago and haven't looked back. We stream through Roku players. My kids probably get the most use out of Netflix; but there is plenty we watch together too. We also have Amazon Prime but I'm not as pleased with them lately. Partly because they keep throwing in ads that really aren't fitting for the type of show we were watching. Sometimes they are a bit much when you put on a family-friendly show and the ad isn't for something I'd let kids watch! We've also been finding a number of things that don't show a rating. That makes it harder to decide if something is appropriate for kids or even us; since we don't watch just anything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, guys! We're going to do Netflix, but, like I said, I'm waiting for the new season of Lucifer, which could be a while yet.

I did start watching the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel over the weekend. I'm on season 2. Amazon Prime. It's OK.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that sounds like a good idea, to wait until the new season of Lucifer is available on Netflix.

i've really enjoyed watching the Marvelous Mrs Maisel. i'm hoping there'll be a season 3. :crossfingers:

i also just yesterday watched a new amazon originals series, Hanna. the first episode was only available to watch for 24 hours...?? this show is supposed to be (regularly) available to watch in march. it was pretty good, imo.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We stopped our cable package years ago and just do netflix and amazon prime. I miss the feature where users could rate and leave review. It's harder to know now if shows are good without having to google them first. Nextflix has some real stinkers but also some hidden gems. Overall I like it a lot more than cable or even amazon prime.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We stopped our cable package years ago and just do netflix and amazon prime. I miss the feature where users could rate and leave review. It's harder to know now if shows are good without having to google them first. Nextflix has some real stinkers but also some hidden gems. Overall I like it a lot more than cable or even amazon prime.
I like it better than Prime streaming too. I have Hulu also because they don't all have the same things available.