Nervous Momma Here

jodster1972

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone :)
This is my first post .
I am fostering a litter of 4 beautiful angels :)
I have fostered in past , so this isn't my first rodeo , yet these angels have he wrapped around their paws ❤
I acquired them at maybe one day old at most . We are on day 10 and all has been great. They were all between 3.5-4 ounces when I took them in , and are all around 6-7.8 now .
One of them , the biggest had an episode today that kind of scares me . Let me start off by saying he occasionally does make a sneezing sound but otherwise seems quite healthy . Today after feeding , (always with baby on my lap and head up to avoid aspiration ) I let him cuddle a moment extra . About five minutes later , he seemed to be trembling as milk rolled out his one nostril . I cleaned him , pet him , comforted him and about a minute later , it happened again . It's been an hour and he is fine and sleeping with litter mates . Any idea why this may have happened ?
Thank you ❤

Ariel2611

Proud Mommy to Ariel and Snowy :-)
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
Welcome to the "The cat site"!
Congrats on your new foster babies!
You are doing a great thing by being their momma during the most important time of their lives :)
About the episodes...
I don't really know nor am i an expert but it's certainly not normal...
Maybe you over-fed him?
I would suggest taking a visit to the vets just to make sure everything is okay :)
I hope everything works out :)
Keep us updated!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, somehow the milk went up his nose instead of down his throat.

He sounds okay, but if you hear a clicking sound when he breathes, get him on clavamox drops right away.

Go a little slower with feeding this baby, and make sure to pause for him to swallow and breathe between suckling.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jodster1972

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you ladies . I just sent a message to the vet , just waiting on a reply . It didn't happen again after last feeding so almost wondering if he did eat toofast . He does eat like there's no tomorrow , and sucks pretty fast so that is a definite possibility . I've switched his nipple to the long one and will cut a much smaller hole and see . I just worry so much about my babies lol