Nervous about Mika having kittens, should I be?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have tried to talk my mom into it, there is no getting to her about this one.. I know how you feel, I have asked her to reconsider it, her answer is no..
I know the importance of it, and how risky it could possibly be. And I want to get rid of the kittens by myself, but I have no clue what we are doing with them..

fosterkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
please take this cat to a shelter or rescue if you are not going to get her spayed and continue to keep her outside. I know you care for this cat, but letting her have litter after litter is not a good idea.

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have thought about it, I have.. But its too hard to figure out.. I want what is best for her, but.. I care about her too much to let her go. And I am applying for a job, so therefore, I hope to get enough money to get her spayed. I will tell you guys if I got the job. Going to go get the application today!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sprita you are fine.
We are here to help. I do hope you get the job and can afford the spay. Call the shelter to get a discount please. As for taking her to a shelter I am not ok with because what if it is a kill shelter. You have time still to try to earn the money lets just go one step at a time ok
How is mom this morning

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shes doing great.
And she loves the new food we have all the cats on! Hunter gives it an A++++++. lol, but, Mika is doing great. Shes been sleeping like a newborn would. But pregnant animals normally sleep a lot. Last night she went crazy! When she darted in, and I went to get her to put her out, she ran away from me when I put her out.. But I would be mad at me too, because she didn't want to go out. And, an update on Smokie, I figured out gender! Smokie is a female! uh-oh! She does not look pregnant at all.
So this is good. Maybe she will go back home... But then again, her leg looks awkard.. Its bent, I suppose she had got in a trap.. She can walk on it, with limping though, she will let me touch it. But anywho, Mika is doing well.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor thing... Maybe put poster she is someones pet. I am glad Mika is doing good. She didnt want out is good. Tell mom she wants to stay in give the lip lol.

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol, Or maybe... I will make Hunter cry!! He loves Mika, (he is neutered)
Hunter, and Mika are best friends. hmm, the lip like you said, its worth a try!
lol.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry just wanted to make sure i read this right as it is so confusing lol . this is a stray cat yes ?
you can not take her in no?
she is staying outside permently yes?
what if she has her kittens somewhere you dont know about ?? the kittens could die among other things get cat flu which will then be passed about. i dont understand why you havnt called a rescue in yet ? i know you have grown very attached to her , but it really would be in her best intrest . but if you decide to keep as you are then i wish you all the luck in the world , you will need it i really do hope that she has healthy kittens with no problems,

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Its hard when your parents won't let you do certain things. But youhave to respect that. I am in a similar situation as youare. My step-dad is allergic to cats so I cannot keep them inside so my pregnant cat is currentlyy outside with shelter also, and she would love more than anything to come inside.

I really think you are responsible and you are doing the best you can for you cat. And i don't think that you should take her to the shelter eithr, becuase there are cats in worse conditions that need those spots in shelters.

So good luck!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Keisha

Its hard when your parents won't let you do certain things. But youhave to respect that. I am in a similar situation as youare. My step-dad is allergic to cats so I cannot keep them inside so my pregnant cat is currentlyy outside with shelter also, and she would love more than anything to come inside.

I really think you are responsible and you are doing the best you can for you cat. And i don't think that you should take her to the shelter eithr, becuase there are cats in worse conditions that need those spots in shelters.

So good luck!
so in the mean time this poor cat has to have litter after litter? i would say that was a pretty bad situation to be in wouldnt you?
im not trying to be nasty in anyway, and i know your doing everything you are able to do for this mum cat and i respect you for this . but im just trying to put across unless your perpared for maybe some or all of the kittens to die (being outside so many dangers for new born kittens.) and after a week of giving birth the mum can get pregnant again and again and again. what would happen if mum had a problem deliverying one of the kittens and needed a vet asap? or you wasnt there and she had a bad bleed and died? i really dont want to sound so cold hearted as that is not my intention atall. im just letting you know of te heart ache.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sprint Hunter and Mika do get along if so he might understand mika having to us his dog house and he might even cater to them and mom it is possable. oooooooooooooo maybe your mom will have change of heart and allow her inside

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe!
Hunter loves to curl up with Mika, when I sneak her in.
Or when she darts in. lol, I just saw the other post, its ok momof3rugrats. You get them mixed up sometimes.
Or when she darts in. lol