Neighbour's cat has me stumped! (Some venting in here too and long...sorry)

linka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dont't think you should take all that on yourself and blame yourself like that, you did what you thought was right, just because you tried to have faith in human logic and tenderness for other life doesn't mean you should blame yourself because stubborn ignorant people let you down.
You gave your neighbours the benefit of the doubt and I really think most people would have done the same, they let YOU AND THE KITTENS DOWN you only tried to do your best and be responsible. It's all very well feeling regret in hindsight but I really think you have nothing to berate yourself about, you simply weren't to know they would end up being...sorry for the hardness...but cruel and stupid!

I think you sound like a really generous and caring person and you did all you could.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
linka
Thank you for your kind words. They have made me feel better.

Now I fear that the girl kitten has gone missing too. I haven't seen her for about two days now, maybe longer. I've been so busy with everything I can't be sure. No one seems to be worried about it. I'm no longer talking to Skye and she is no longer talking to me but that is because of her younger children coming up to my balcony to play, knocking my pot plants over, killing two aloe vera plants, chives and three chilli plants and on top of that teasing and scaring my two furbabies silly. So I got REALLY
and told her kids off and sent them off from my balcony. It's only now recently that Russell and Esper will approach and look out of the window and a whole lot of catnip, treats, toys and reassurance. And when Skye discovered that her two younger ones were too scared to come up to my balcony, (and they have no reason to in the first place, I'm not the babysitter), she sent her oldest daughter up to find out why and I told her why. And since then I've heard her complain to every other neighbour about me so now I don't talk to any other of the neighbours.

My other half isn't too happy with seeing me worrying about Skye's kittens, nor is he too happy with making complaints the the real estate and has decided that we are moving as soon as possible. They have been given an eviction notice, but they're fighting it so it could drag on for months. I've been leaving food out for the kittens on my balcony. It's always been eaten, though I'm not sure by who but hopefully this weekend I can find out. So if it's either kitten eating it or both, I'll be taking them in and rehoming them. And since it will be looking like we're moving house, it will provide the perfect cover for moving the two little ones to our new place.

linka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me like you have been stuck with some real *gems* as neighbours
maybe it's harsh but they obviously look after their kids with the same attitude as their cats, taking no responsibility for any actions...and fancy sending your own kid to find out why your other kids are scared to play somewhere, a real piece of work. I think if you're looking for somewhere else to live, it's probably going to be a real relief to get away from such idiots!

I'd like to say that the little girl is better off away but the poor little darling has probably strayed,
I just hope she finds a kind cat-human who will take her in and give her the love and care she deserves.

I hope you don't have too much backlash with your neighbours for your sake, it sounds extremely unfair. I hope you're doing Ok, sod them all, they're not worth your time if they're treating you like this, after you just tried to help.

Chin up lovey, you're obviously living surrounded by neanderthals!
LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen the female kitten tonight. She seems well and as usual timid of humans.

Will be leaving food and water out as usual. *sigh*

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mags, I'm so glad she's back!!!! I'm so sorry for all you've been through. These poor, poor kitties. You're a wonderful person Mags, and I'm so glad you're there, doing what you can to improve their lot in life, the poor little things.