Neighbors Cat Problem????

ronss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i live on 2nd floor apt, next to a tree that has a limb about 6ft from my balcony. neighbors cat is unfixed male. i have 2 cats, both fixed, black shorthair female, and sealpoint siamese male that does not see good....my neighbors cat keeps climbing the tree, and leaping to my balcony. i dont see how he can do it , but he does.. i have my balcony door cracked at night so my cats can go out on balcony at night..my neighbor leaves he cat out all night sometimes, and this is when it happens mostly. i put a plant in the corner of balcony to stop this, but he is able to still jump on balcony. i have asked my apt manager to cut the limbs off tree, and then i hear nothing about it...i have had $1200 of vet bills because of this...i am not sure what to do?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a certain spot on the balcony from the tree branch that he can leap to? It is hard to say what I mean, but the reason I ask is they make a double sided sticky paper you could put down at his landing spot. Cats don't like foil either. There is also a device that lets out a puff of air when the cat jumps onto something it isnt supposed to. I am not sure if any would work without seeing the set up of the tree and the balcony.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ronss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok..this is my balcony ledge, in the corner i have a plant...if u look past that,, you can see a tree limb sticking up in the air straight from balcony..cat is jumping off that, onto my wood edge

ronss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
d (2).jpg
i cropped image,,,he is leaping from far tree limb, onto baloncy...is it 6ft from balony wood ledge, a straight leap

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't want to recommend anything that could make him fall, so a clear barrier or something slippery wouldn't be good.

Do you think you could put a piece of wood there to block him? Or perhaps surround the entire opening with some kind of netting?

ronss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i placed the plant there , thought i would discourage him...i could put a balcony blind, but the one i have to install will cover the entire balcony, hardly anyroom for my cats to view the outside...i want the apartment manager to cut the tree limb off, and i quess i will have to pursue that...otherwise insist on another apartment..

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow he is quite an acrobat. Do you know who the cat belongs to?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That is a crazy jump for him to make. Have you actually seen him do it? I'd actually be more concerned about your cats following him off your balcony one of these days.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
What about getting some of those long planters, fill 'em with cheap dirt (water the soil so it becomes more compact and heavy if necessary) put two or three end to end on your ledge and then also stack two or three high? Would that be enough of a temporary wall of sorts?

Last edited: