Neighborhood Friends

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will

They should be all waking up soon....well the Moose are all out, actually we just lost a Moose last week
The coyotes chased her and she fell off a cliff basically, then she paced and paced all night, the rangers came the following morning and they used the skidoos to make a trail so she could get out but she wouldn't, she just continued to pace. The vet came and tranquilized her so they could move her (she was in the ditch on the side of the highway). She was COVERED in ticks and fleas, you could see the ticks crawling on her and she was missing alot of fur on her belly.

The vet gave her a shot to kill the bugs, they moved her but she just never really ever woke up. They suspected she was sick before they moved her, she was a young cow, there was no reason for her to pace and she should have charged the rangers when they got too close....also she should have been awake within 20 mins after they put her under. She woke up, moved to the top of a hill and went back to sleep
Poor thing.

It's a cell phone pic my friend took but here she is

I wish she would have made it, it's so heartbreaking

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of us don't stop to think about how hard it is for wild animals just to survive. The poor thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're absolutely right....it breaks my heart when I hear about how many didn't survive over the Winter mths. There are so many Moose hit here by vehicles, alot of people hate them but the thing is they don't realize that it's US whose pushed these animals out onto the roads, etc.

Wild animals sure don't have any easy life, that's for sure. We've never had coyote problems until the last 2 years, people are shooting them left, right and center since they're killing off so much. My friend that took the pic of that Moose has 4 horses, well a couple of weeks ago a coyote was in her fields, ALL DAY with her horses. He didn't hurt them and the horses didn't get spooked or anything, finally the coyote stole a halter out of the barn and took off

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momto3boys

Wild animals sure don't have any easy life, that's for sure
My neighbour saw a fox leaving my garden across into his on Christmas Eve. We knew we had them in the trees at the bottom of the garden, but never seen them actually in the gardens?. I put my turkey carcass out on Christmas day night and it was gone 2 days later. Since then i've left my garden shed door wedged open slightly and put a bowl of cat kibbles in. I've only just stopped filling the bowl up because it's getting warmer

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I guess I'll share my neighborhood friends too, though I don't have pics. We get huge possums at night, I mean bigger than the cats! We also have little lizard things running around, sometimes INSIDE.. and small birds of course, the occasional bird of prey, and squirrels, and neighbor cats including our Mister friend.

Though I havent seen any, there are coyotes in the area, they often use the storm channels to get around, and our yard backs up to one of them. A friend only a few miles away had his chihuahua killed by a coyote.
Scary and sad. One more reason to keep the cats indoors!!