Neighbor Possibly Killing Ferals

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had been in contact with animal control who isnt much interested in the fact that for 2 years I had 5 cats left. In June, I sadly lost the youngest (and most adventurous) - a month later another and just last week - a third. I realized yesterday all 3 were last seen on a friday night. We have several weekend visitors on our condo property in the summers. The animal control officer says its a coyote - OR they just miss the others and are dying off. ALWAYS ON A FRIDAY NIGHT??? I have a neighbor on another street who said he had a dead and an injured feral 2 months ago. HE thinks his new neighbors cats are killing his - which I read is not possible

Im working on getting my last 2 re-homed. This has been traumatic and I'm so upset. CLearly someone is doing something to these cats. I thought poison - but then was told if that were the case - Id find other dead animals and would even smell them. I havent seen any vultures flying above.
Does anyone have an idea of what could be happening - OR better yet how to save the last 2??? Im fearful constantly now. Ive been caring for them exactly 10 years THIS MONTH! What a horrible anniversary to feel that after all my hard work to make sure they had the best life possible - they could be dying horrible, painful deaths due to someone just be tired of them.
thanks...

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry you are going through this awful event. Is there any way you could build an enclosure or better yet, bring them inside?

I recently moved and brought my 3 feral cats with me and made them inside cats. None have ever lived inside a house. It has been a process, but they are all adjusting.

Since animal control will not help, but about a Humane Society or ASPCA. You could also try contacting Alley Cat Allies for help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I have no room for them inside.
What i really need to understand is. Could they have been poisoned overnight? Would they die immediately ? They have a decent sized backyard surrounded by woods. As stated.. I saw no vultures Around.
Im just desperately trying to figure what happened to them.
If poisoned at night.. In small portion (for one cat).. No birds world have gotten to it anyway since i was told id find other dead animals

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it was a coyote they most likely would have taken it further away so you may not know. The Friday night events are very odd. I am so sorry you are going through this. Keeping feral kitties safe is one of the hardest things to do.

Do the cats usually stay close by on your property? If so you could get a trail camera or wireless surveillance camera to check their activity around your property.