negative effect to locking a cat in the bathroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a good idea trust me! My previous cat I used to have was locked in a bathroom 24/7 with 2 other cats for most of his life! He had to always fight to eat enough, and was harassed by the other cats because they had little or no space to feel comfortable, thats like sharing a bed with 2 other people, not very relaxing! With that said, if you must lock them if your at work, fine, but when your home they should be able to roam, but if the room they can wander in is dangerous to them, then you must try and make it a little safer.

barashin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten oddly enough has great behaviour.
At 5 months, she doesn't knock over stuff, chew wires, or any of that stuff. Occassionally she'll bite the carpet like all cats do.

But as far as knocking over stuff. She walks around stuff, and just pats the wires out of her way when walking in places, like behind the TV/DVDs/Stereo ect

I hope it stays this way. :-\\

joecool

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
someplace so boring i am slowly but surely losing
Originally Posted by hissy

beware,

i did want to question one of your statements? You said "I just couldn't get them to go without litter." Not sure what you meant there. Also get them spayed and neutered that will help as well.
When toilet training you have to slowly wean off the litter. You gradually decrease the litter in the pan in the toilet. I am pretty sure he meant that they refused to use the toilet without litter in the pan.

And it is definitely wrong to lock them in the BR. They are kittens, nothing less.

But people, we haven't heard from the original thread-starter. Maybe he left?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is great information in this thread, and everything is just really getting repeated. If the original poster comes back, he can contact a mod to re-open this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.