Needing those good vibes one more time...

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I might be on my way to getting a new job, a teaching job... fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc. I interviewed on Friday and got a call back that night saying that they were expecting a teacher to resign on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm supposed to call back (I'm assuming I'll do so Tuesday) and let them know if I'm interested.

So, I think what I was told was, if the teacher resigns, the job is mine. I'm not sure how certain her resignation is tho... I mean, I guess it's pretty set?

Anyway, I'd love to have a teaching job (not to mention it's important for my classes)... the only hiccup is that it's an hour away from where I live, which means a nasty commute til my lease ends in October...

If it's meant to be, then it's meant to be and if not, there are other opportunities, right? But I really want this to be it so if you can spare any vibes, I'd appreciate it!
How nice it would be to turn in my 2 weeks notice in about 3 weeks!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Vibe-o-ramma for the possible teaching job Ari!
Two hours of driving is a lot, but if it's not forever then it may be worth it.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good vibes coming your way!!! As for the commute, it may work out okay. I'm a veteran of commutes (when my daugher was in school, my average driving distance was 207 mi. total, daily) and I actually learned to enjoy it! No phones, plenty of time to think, listening to good tunes, finding out which fuel gives me the best mileage, etc. But that's only if your car has good air conditioning.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck! However, what is the criteria to get a teaching liscence where you live? Here one has to have to meet the requirements of going to college, taking certain classes, and student teaching, and completing all of them along with taking the Praxis I and Praxis II. Are you just going to sub?

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Super Duper 'get new job' }}}VIBES{{{ coming your way, Ari!

I sounds good - except for the commute, but i'm sure it'll all work out well!

What age group will you be teaching?!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TOns of good vibes coming your way Ari! My neice just graduated college and took a teaching job in Sarasota, Florida. She moves down there next month!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Good vibes coming your way!!! As for the commute, it may work out okay. I'm a veteran of commutes (when my daugher was in school, my average driving distance was 207 mi. total, daily) and I actually learned to enjoy it! No phones, plenty of time to think, listening to good tunes, finding out which fuel gives me the best mileage, etc. But that's only if your car has good air conditioning.
Wow, that IS a long commute! Well, with my iPod and my handy new Bluetooth wireless headset (if I could ever get it to work properly), I might be able to get used to it.
And, of course, good AC is a must in Texas!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

Good luck! However, what is the criteria to get a teaching liscence where you live? Here one has to have to meet the requirements of going to college, taking certain classes, and student teaching, and completing all of them along with taking the Praxis I and Praxis II. Are you just going to sub?
I'm in an alternative certification program... been in it since February, I believe. I already graduated college (a must for this program) and passed the Excet exam, a must for being a teacher in this state. For this program, I have to be an "intern" for a school district for a year, continue going to monthly classes and pass the PPR test in February. Being an intern basically means I am a teacher, but I have a mentor, people checking up on me, I make first year teacher salary, etc. So it's like I'm a real teacher... but not. Make sense?

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sar... it'd either be Kindergarten or 1st grade... both grades I'm excited about!

kittylover4ever... congrats to your neice, how exciting! Good luck to her, I'm sure she'll do great!

Thanks for the vibes everyone! Just have to call Tuesday... not sure what I'm saying tho, lol!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Little kids are the best to teach!

Good luck for when you ring! Just explain that you were contacted about an opening position and take it from there!

More }}}VIBES{{{ coming your way!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ari - We've already talked, but I just wanted to post good luck vibes!!
You should find out today right??? We may be going through this first grade stuff together and if not I'll send you all the Kindergarten stuff I can't use this year! YAY! I have said it before and I'll say it again, you will be such a great teacher. The kids are going to love you and I don't know how a principal wouldn't want to hire you.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow Ari, good luck!!!
Tons of good vibes heading your way. They'd be nuts to not snap you right up!

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good vibes to you, Ari! I hope you get the position. I used to drive an hour and a half each way to go to college. It's not too bad if you don't have to do it forever.