Needing any info on raw diet

Terrimagick

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry for the long long long post LOL..

about 8 months ago, my son had a cat hanging around his back yard. Being he is my son, he could tell she wasn’t healthy, was hungry and thirsty. He asked me what to do, blah blah blah The vet found a chip with 2 numbers and after 10 days nobody called or claimed her. After doing an age check, she’s about 10-12, never been spayed, and ZERO teeth. I’m sorry for taking too much time, vet says she has feline asthma which is brutal, meds and an actual inhaler , check! . Now here’s where I need help. She throws up every cat food, even grain free. Remember no teeth, how she survived is beyond me. So I gave her raw ground turkey and she doesn’t throw up. So does anyone know what I should add to this? Remember no teeth! I didn’t think she’d make a few weeks after rescuing her, 8 months and I’m sooo attached to her now. Lost my 2 girls 2019 22 years and in 2031 18 years. I’m need to group again I apologize for this long ass post. Peace ✌🏼🐈🖤

mrskittles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been feeding a raw/cooked homemade diet for 18 years and with great success. It’s safer if you have a grinder at home for the turkey or beef or chicken. Anytime you buy meat that has already been ground, there’s a chance for salmonella.
I follow a recipe by Dr. Pitcairn and Anitra Frazier. We add cooked bulgar wheat and veggies. Carrots and zucchini, or carrots and pumpkin. You can even do peas and carrots. I bought a Hamilton Beach Immersion handheld blender to purée the veggies.
Also, there is a company called Feline Instincts that will supply supplements to add to your raw meat. Then there is another company called BalanceIT.com contact them. There website has menu combinations and also sell a supplement. They will ask your vet for approval to gain access to the site. It’s really cool

You may want to consider adding a Taurine Supplement or feed raw Chicken Hearts cut up in tiny pieces.

I don’t get on this site much so I hope this gets you started. And of course, try to get her spayed though she does have asthma.

Another GREAT site to gather a TON of info is Tanya's Comprehensive Guide to Feline Chronic Kidney Disease - Everything You Need to Know to Help Your Cat Originally created over 20 years ago for cats with Kidney Disease but there is a wealth of info there. And the owner also set up a group for CKD cats at the groups.io website

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Terrimagick

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow! My first time on, and my first reply, I feel is a huge HIT! Thank you so very much. I’ll look into a meat grinder myself and the link on how to…. Many blessings and thank you again. I realized after so many foods only thing that stay in has Ben ground turkey so I’ve known about raw diet, dogs and cats, just never did it. 🥰🙏🏼

mrskittles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well oddly enough, I received an alert email from Google saying that some of my passwords were comprised and this site was one of them. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have seen your message;)

I strongly encourage you to get full labs on this cat, CBC, Blood Chemistry and T4 (thyroid) Then join the CKD group [email protected]

From there, you can upload your labs to the moderators and the group will let you know if there are any concerning issues.

The group is heavily moderated and have extremely helpful people logging on all over the country. You can still stay in this group, but the CKD group knows how to really interpret labs.