Needing advice for what to do with older kitty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

equestrian06

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its actually gotten alot more swollen in the last hour... Ive been awake all night trying to find some way to help him... vets office opens in 30 minutes.

I hate this so much, he was completely fine Tuesday, no signs of an issue like this.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am keeping you and Tee in my prayers.

Just sent you a pm with a listing of possible sources for financial aid.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's VERY difficult to see what is going on, but with all the drooling, it's surely very painful, poor guy!! 

I can't begin to imagine the vet NOT okay'ing pmts. Let us know!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

equestrian06

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It wasn't an abscess... It was oral cancer.

I didn't think it could progress that way, but it was his whole lower jaw that was swollen and he was hurting so much... I didn't want to think too long.

I let him go earlier, he fell asleep with his pretty yellow head in my hand. Cried myself sick, and kept feeling like he was laying in my lap on the drive home with his empty carrier.

I keep expecting him to jump up on the bed and demand his dinner... But more than missing him, I'm SO mad at the people that dumped him and allowed him the opportunity to get sick with an awful infectious virus in the first place - that stole years from such an awesome guy.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooohhh.................

How awful, I'm so, so sorry. Wow, where did that come from..............I mean, so fast, and all.

You know, you MUST know, that what you did for this poor boy made an enormous impact on his final days. You took him in, gave him care, and love, and comfort, food, and that sense that he was loved and wanted, and he did belong someplace in this world rather than nowhere, and nothing.

Still, my heart truly goes out to you, I know how driven you were for him.

And I couldn't agree with you more. It angers me inside to no end for homeless/strays who were dumped or abandoned, that bothers me more than anything. I see it all the time, and it's just wrong on every level of humanity.

What a shame. He didn't deserve that to happen. They are all so darn innocent.

So very sorry. He is free from his failed body now. I hope you get to feel his spirit around you.

Last edited:

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so very sorry Tee lost his battle. I want to thank you for all you did for this little guy. Because of you, his last months were spent with someone who cared about him and did all they could. He knew what it meant to be a loved and cared for pet. He's out of pain now and at peace. :rbheart:

This thread will now be locked as per TCS policy.
When you feel up to it, consider posting a tribute thread for him in our Bridge forum:
http://www.thecatsite.com/f/19/crossing-the-bridge

:hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.