Need Vibes Please...

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to have my gall bladder removed years ago due to having gallstones, but I never had any chest pains or any difficulty breathing.
When the pain would flair up, it was in the area of the kidneys, and after I would eat anything, I would throw up. Maybe it's different for others - I don't know. I'm certainly not an expert.

My ex husband once had pleurisy, and the symptoms you're describing sound the same. His brother once had a collapsed lung, and his symptoms were also similar. It could be any number of things...

I hope you find a competant doctor, who can pinpoint what's wrong w/ your b/f, and get the proper medical treatment.

Blessings & good vibes are being sent your way!

KittKatt

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I had to have my gall bladder removed years ago due to having gallstones, but I never had any chest pains or any difficulty breathing.
When the pain would flair up, it was in the area of the kidneys, and after I would eat anything, I would throw up. Maybe it's different for others - I don't know. I'm certainly not an expert.

My ex husband once had pleurisy, and the symptoms you're describing sound the same. His brother once had a collapsed lung, and his symptoms were also similar. It could be any number of things...

I hope you find a competant doctor, who can pinpoint what's wrong w/ your b/f, and get the proper medical treatment.

Blessings & good vibes are being sent your way!

KittKatt
I also had my gallblader out, when I was twenty, it didn't hurt in my chest or have trouble breathing, just a lot of pain and vomitting

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Frisk

Well my fiance just went to the hospital... He was in A LOT of pain, chest pain and trouble breathing... It hurt so much he was crying and couldn't move, and he is a tough guy! I'm really worried about him.. He didn't want to go to the hospital, I pretty much forced him into it... He doesn't remember doing anything to hurt his ribs and I don't think it's heart related because it's on his right side... This is the worst pain he's ever been in. Any idea of what it could be??? I'm so worried and feel so helpless.
It sounds like possible pneumonia and pleurisy. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital a few years ago with those symptoms. Ialso had a collapsed lung, fluid around my lung and a possible blood clot in my lung, but my initial diagnosis the day before admission was left lower lobe pneumonia and pleurisy. Very painful!

I hope he feels better soon.

felineorc

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
and coming your way for both of you.

Hope all goes well and he better and home with you soon

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many coming your way. I hope it's nothing too serious, but at least (I'm guessing) they checked out his heart and that's ok.

I know what you mean about bad medical attention. Nothing against anyone working in the medical field, but around here it is bad too. I have horror stories...for example, one girl went to the ER to have her broken leg set, but there wasn't an orthopedic doctor on call, so she was sent home and told to come back the next day. I know most of it isn't the doctor's fault...in the US it is the HMO's. I know there are a TON of hospital and nursing home staff that try to do everything they can, but for the most part their hands are tied because of HMO/insurance companies.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread. Let us know what is going on with your fiance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, I'll definatly let you know how he is and what's causing it when we find out.
He can tolerate the pain now, he takes 8 pills a day and is going to work this morning.