Need toy ideas for cat that wants human play

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vbcatparent

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tonight we had a little success with the ping pong ball. He spent 20 minutes chasing it through the house together with me. After, I set it on one of the levels on his tree, just to have a place to put it. He decided it didn't belong on his property, so he whacked it to knock it off. That sparked a humorous chain reaction which resulted in ball and cat calling a ceasefire under the dining table. He is now miffed and hasn't touched it since. 

fluffybeard

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also have a big, athletic cat who won't play by himself. His favorite game is to make me throw a stuffed animal he can chase and tackle, lol.

The one toy he'll play with alone is a ball track. He has a Bergan 5 in 1 Turbo track set that can be configured different ways like a Hot Wheels track set and you can buy Bergan track balls with LED lights that flash when your cat hits the ball, which he also loves.

Here's a video (not mine) of a few track sets hooked up as one huge track. I wanna get more sets to do something like this!

[VIDEO][]

Last edited by a moderator:

mosimom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Get the thin bungie cord from Walmart craft section. It will be about 20 ft. Long and come in many colors. You'll also find colorful feathers in the craft section. Grab some heat shrink tape and put 3 feathers at the end of the cord. You can sit/stand in one place and whip it around. It's light and easily manipulated. It's stretchy!
You can also hang it from a doorway for alone play.

Supervised play due to biting through the cord.