Need to know how far along my cat is.

aryonna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know the exact date honey got pregnant but I am hoping someone can help me. Her stomach is huge and she's been following me around a lot. She's also been cleaning herself constantly and pulling hair off around her nipples. I don't know if these are signs of labor. Please any advice will help.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's getting close, 1-2 weeks, if she is cleaning herself and licking her nipples. She looks like she's going to have a lot of kittens. It's hard to give an exact date without knowing when she mated. Gestation for cats is a bout 63-65 days.

She's a real cutie. Female orange tabbies are quite rare, too. Orange tabbies are usually male, like calicoes are usually female.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aryonna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for the help!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She does look like she's close. Do you remember when you first felt the kittens moving?

Do you plan to get her spayed when this litter is weaned?

catnissmamandod

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Shes close that is why shes being very affectionate the day before my kitty gave birth she was hiding under the couch so that is a sign id say she has maybe a week and best of luck to your new arrivals that will be here soon 

aryonna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
talkingpeanut talkingpeanut
I do plan on getting her spayed and I felt them moving about a week ago.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
talkingpeanut talkingpeanut
I do plan on getting her spayed and I felt them moving about a week ago.
That means she has 1-2 weeks left!

Be sure to keep her inside and away from intact males until the kittens are 8 weeks old and she can be spayed. She can get pregnant within a week of delivery, and without going into heat.

Have you set up nesting boxes? Gotten any kitten supplies?

Last edited:

aryonna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That means she has 1-2 weeks left!

Be sure to keep her inside and away from intact males until the kittens are 8 weeks old and she can be spayed. She can get pregnant within a week of delivery, and without going into heat.

Have you set up nesting boxes? Gotten any kitten supplies?
I've set up a nesting box in a quiet room for her with food and water. I haven't gotten kitten supplies yet anything you recommend?

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

She is very pretty!  Here are some useful articles - keep using this thread for any questions.
[article="31379"]Pregnant Cat What To Prepare For The Birth  [/article][article="31414"]Help My Cat Is Having Kittens  [/article][article="31496"]How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth  [/article]

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've set up a nesting box in a quiet room for her with food and water. I haven't gotten kitten supplies yet anything you recommend?
Definitely a small scale, a needleless syringe, and powdered kmr. You should also have some sort of heating source for the nest. Is mom eating wet and dry kitten food? She can and should have as much as she wants.

aryonna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Definitely a small scale, a needleless syringe, and powdered kmr. You should also have some sort of heating source for the nest. Is mom eating wet and dry kitten food? She can and should have as much as she wants.
She's eating dry kitten food..should I get wet food for her too?

aryonna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay then I'll buy some asap

aryonna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

She had 5 Orange tabbies just like her [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Last edited by a moderator:

fostersrule

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Beautiful. I hope you plan on spaying her and having all her babies fixed as soon as they are old enough to prevent them from going on to have more babies. So many cats and kittens need homes already