Joe who?

Joe Momma!

Cheesey I know but it makes me laugh
Lol that's cute!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work with special needs kids. I spent many years as a job coach for developmentally disabled young people 17-21, in a special program designed to help them transition from their school days into the adult world.

One day I was (I found out later) coming down with a very serious illness and was feeling a little grouchy. I'm usually pretty patient with my kids, but I must have been barking a bit, because as we stood waiting for the bus (on our way back from the job site they were working at) the kids were getting silly, telling jokes and stuff and one young woman turns to me and said "Ms S- why did the chicken cross the road?" I said "I give up" and A said "because the teacher TOLD it to!"

I laughed so hard at that, I'm not even sure if she realized how funny it was. I'm sure the joke came out of me being so grouchy and bossy, but I don't think she realized that. (she wasn't much for subtleties)

Anyway, it doesn't seem to translate as funny on paper. oh well I tried. LOL!

(as it turned out I was coming down with pneumonia and missed the end of the school year that year)

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, you know those trays they have in some stores with a little sign that says "if you have a penny, leave a penny, if you need a penny take a penny?" This is a true story that happened to my mom. She was in the general store near her house and the cashier gave her back some pennies in change. She saw a cup sitting on the counter. "Here you can have these," she told the cashier, dropping the pennies in the cup. The cashier stared at her, shocked. Then my mom realized what she'd done...it wasn't a cup for pennies at all...she'd dropped her change into the cashier's coffee. She was so embarassed that she left without saying anything to the cashier. Later, she went back and offered to buy the woman another cup of coffee. I've never let her live it down.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Hilarious! thanks for the laugh!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did that - in a totally different way. I had just graduated high school, and was visiting my older brother in NY City for the first time. We were down in the village walking around, and someone apparently homeless asked if I had any spare change. I took whatever I had out of my pocket and dropped it in his cup. He yelled as I walked away - "Hey, that was my coffee!" I was too embarrased to go back and do anything or say anthing.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

I work with special needs kids. I spent many years as a job coach for developmentally disabled young people 17-21, in a special program designed to help them transition from their school days into the adult world.
I worked with the person that did this for two years while in high school (initially went to college to train to become a special ed teacher - ended up changing majors, but that's a different story). With this person, we recruited a number of others to help start a Special Olympics program for the kids in the special needs program.

We did a lot of training - and went to local, city - and then the State Olympics. It was a long weekend with us and the kids - we had to take a tour bus down to the State Capitol. On the bus ride down, one of the kids leans over and whispers to me while pointing at one of the 50+ kids on the bus and says, "I think she's mentally retarded."

....He wasn't saying it in a derogatory way - simply "informing" me. Maybe it's just funny in the context of the situation - but how did he pick out that particular individual - when ALL of them were developmentally challenged?
We'll never know.
It was so difficult not to laugh at the time it happened!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You've probably heard this one, but....

How do you keep an idiot busy for an hour?
Give him a piece of paper with "please turn over" written on it.

I really like this one:

What do you get when you cross The Godfather with a philosopher?
An offer you can't understand.

A good Albert Einstein quote:

"Put your hand on A hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity."