Need thoughts... did we do the right thing?

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ari - Love the new pics. He's is precious. Good luck with the vet. I am anxious to hear your updates on the little guy.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ari, Jordan is a very cute name. i love it! Let us all know what the vet has to say! As for Max, he'll adjust. They all do. Trixie had to accept two new comers, and although there were tons of hisses and swats, we're one big happy family now!

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

...Another thing that's cute, if not odd, is that at one point, I was lying on my side and he got up under my hair and started licking the back of my neck, purring his little heart out.

That is SOOOO cute!!!

lmj1954

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
500% you did the right thing! Someone that would leave a cat out like that so young and in the rain likely could care less it if vanishes. This cat likely did not get out there on its own and get lost because you found it easily and they could of, too. This kitten needed your help. Thank goodness for people like you.

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think you did great by taking him, temporarily or not. I think if someone leaves their baby kitten out in the cold, pouring rain, they don't deserve him/her. Honestly...I mean, if they don't care enough to keep him fenced in, don't leave him any food or water (except for the rain), they obviously don't care. I say keep him in with you, wait a week, see if they put out a sign, or come asking around the place, and take it from there. If you don't hear anything in a week, I would say do what you will with your new friend (as far as keeping him or taking him to a no-kill shelter).

Just a thought...you probably saved his life by taking him in...and it sounds like he's really grateful!

Let us know what happens, ok?

P.S. He's ADORABLE!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay mini-update. We tried to get him to see the vet but no luck... we'd have to wait to see if someone cancelled and we waiting for a while but we both had to get to work.

We did find out that he looks to be between 7 and 8 weeks old and weighs 2 lbs. That seems about the right weight for that age, right?

We do have a set appointment with a vet tomorrow at noon, I'll be glad to find out how that goes.

juniper

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I definitely think you did the right thing - I don't see how you could have left him outside in the rain crying in good conscience, so I really don't think you had any choice! I would probably make some 'found' advertisements, but definitely do not feel guilty as if you've stolen him, you had to help him! He's adorable! Hope all goes well at the vet's!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Juniper

I definitely think you did the right thing - I don't see how you could have left him outside in the rain crying in good conscience, so I really don't think you had any choice! I would probably make some 'found' advertisements, but definitely do not feel guilty as if you've stolen him, you had to help him! He's adorable! Hope all goes well at the vet's!
I have to agree that some "found" advertisements are called for. Kittens sometimes do manage to get out or become lost when they're first allowed out. You could print up some notices and hang them in/on the surrounding apartment buildings, and on the bulletin boards of local stores. Don't give any more information than his general age, where and when he was found, and your telephone number. No photos of him, either. Have anybody who calls you give a good description of him, and a satisfying explanation as to how he came to be "lost".

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww...what a little sweetie he is! At the risk of sounding like a broken record after all of these other responses: you absolutely did the right thing. Even if it turns out that it is someone's kitten and you have to give him back you can rest easy knowing that you took care of him when he was obviously in need.

As a side note, he looks SOOOO much like Brendan's kitten Hida! It's uncanny!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
IMO if no one cares enough to put up notices for him or a lost ad in the papers, he is yours

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

IMO if no one cares enough to put up notices for him or a lost ad in the papers, he is yours
I agree. He sure is adorable Ari - I hope your able to keep him. Chris wants to call our first puppy Jordan (hehe i really have no idea why I am telling you that
)

I do hope your able to work out your finances and are able to keep him, he sounds like the cutest little fella

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, cute that you might name your first puppy Jordan! I prefer Jordan for a girl's name actually but it's adorable either way!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just reading this now...he is adorable...reminds me of our rescue Tippy
I can see that he looks a little lean, but he doesn't look stick thin, and those are bright, shiny eyes, and it's a kitten with the energy for those famous "Jordan" jumps <G>.

I look forward to hearing what happens, and more about him.
He called to you, and you heard. Never wrong to do a kindness for an animal or a human, no matter if he ends up staying with you or not.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Aw, cute that you might name your first puppy Jordan! I prefer Jordan for a girl's name actually but it's adorable either way!
ahhhh.... but who said Chris' pup would be a boy???

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Pat and you're definitely right, he has tons of energy... for leaping and biting. Maybe we should've named him Jaws...

Ha ha, good point Chris!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You just have to go with your gut instinct in these matters...the way I see it, if it is in the little guy's best interest and he's happy then all is well and you have for sure done the right thing!!!

He is a real cutie pie by the way!