need some prayers

tonkatmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello fellow kitty lovers. Im new to the site. i found it a few weeks ago when i was trying to find somewhere to donate my baby Smokey's insulin after he passed. I never got around to posting anything until today. I love my kitties. My baby girl Asha Lou died suddenly from a blood clot this past November. She was 14 and the love of my life. She was exactly five months older than her brother Smokey Joe and died five months before him. Smokey was a diabetic since he was almost 2. He died from pancreatic cancer peacefully in his bed after we took care of him for a week after his vet literally demanded we euthanasise him. We made sure he ate every two hours so his blood sugar didn't drop. He was content. He was 14 and my miracle. I always say God put Asha on earth before Smokey so she could take care of him when he got here and took her to heaven first so she could be there when he got there too. But today i want to ask all if you to please pray for my little calico girl Fiona. She will be a year old Thursday and she has been missing since this past Saturday, June 20. I have looked all over fir her, called her. Can't find her. She didn't have a collar on. She is the sweetest baby and has been my solace since the Asha.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome TCS. So sorry to hear of your recent losses. Have you put up signs and checked the shelters?

You may be able to donate your extra insulin to a rescue or shelter nearby.

Please post pictures of your cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tonkatmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the advice handsome kitty. Yes i have checked for her. Still hoping she find her way home. Smokey's insulin was specially compounded for him so i gave it to his vet who said they would make sure they would get it to someone who could use it.

therese

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tonkatmom, I am so sorry for your losses.....we will pray for the safe return of  Fiona.  Welcome to the site !  Its a great group of many many cat lovers...you will find great online people to talk to about anything and everything CAT.  

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. I hope you find your baby soon. I tried this, and it worked with my Gemma: cats usually don't go more than 5 houses away, at least in suburbia/city areas. I spent a week looking for her, only to find her under a neighbor's deck--3 houses across the street (the neighborhood kids spotted her, and told me).  Put out signs on your lawn, if permitted by your area/landlord, with a photo of the cat. I live on a busy street, with a lot of walkers/joggers, so I also made the sign double-sided, so people could see it coming and going. People did notice it, and told me they were looking for her. Put up signs (with permission) in local stores, on telephone poles, etc., and ask your neighbors to keep an eye out for ANY cat they see, and let you know. People may only get a glimpse of a cat, or they don't remember specifics about the color, etc., so it doesn't hurt to have them still tell you--it may end up being your cat.

Here's a "sticky" article we keep on TCS:

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/help-my-cat-is-lost