Need some help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I am fuming. The best I can get out of Nanci is that someone from the Humane Society called and talked about trapping the cats, however the "owner" would have to pay for the spay and neuter. Now this makes all the sense in the world considering that she won't even buy food for them. So she said (the Humane Society lady) that Nanci could call Animal Control and see if they would do a welfare check.

This makes all the sense in the world, because these are FERALS!!!!! They will hear them coming a mile away and disappear.

So, now Nanci and I are trying to wrack our brains to come up with something. Nanci has the trap but the home area of the kitties is about 1 and half miles away, which means leaving a $100 trap out in plain site to see if we could trap the kits. Not a good idea. (By the way, the trap belongs to Florence).

It is a good thing that I had you guys to help out when I trapped my babies, but then again, that was on my property.

WHAT DO WE DO, PLEASE????????

houseofcats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

OK, I am fuming. The best I can get out of Nanci is that someone from the Humane Society called and talked about trapping the cats, however the "owner" would have to pay for the spay and neuter. Now this makes all the sense in the world considering that she won't even buy food for them. So she said (the Humane Society lady) that Nanci could call Animal Control and see if they would do a welfare check.

This makes all the sense in the world, because these are FERALS!!!!! They will hear them coming a mile away and disappear.

So, now Nanci and I are trying to wrack our brains to come up with something. Nanci has the trap but the home area of the kitties is about 1 and half miles away, which means leaving a $100 trap out in plain site to see if we could trap the kits. Not a good idea. (By the way, the trap belongs to Florence).

It is a good thing that I had you guys to help out when I trapped my babies, but then again, that was on my property.

WHAT DO WE DO, PLEASE????????
First off you wouldn't just want to leave the trap out in plain site. You would want to remain there as you trap. No way should you leave a trapped cat vulnerable to who knows what. You also need one trap per cat. Have you checked with any feed stores, Humane Society, or somewhere to rent traps? You need to first setup an appointment to get these cats fixed, then based on that, stop feeding 24 - 48 hours before that. Then trap the night before your appointment. You need to remain there if this area isn't where you can safely leave a trap out.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am 8 miles away from the action. Nanci is 1 and half miles away. Nanci can not sit in her car, hoping that the ferals will get into the trap. The car will scare the heck out them.

I am just so frustrated and ANGRY! I can't take these babies (there are 7 or so) and Nanci can't keep them. We are both wishing that we had minded our own business, but then the cat would be dead now.

Well, at this rate, they are going to be dead anyway.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, my blood pressure is down now.

The lady on the property has refused to allow Nanci to trap the cats. Nanci has worked some of the cats across the street for feeding, but that would entail leaving the trap in an open area with no trees, or any cover, just a wash. (no water)

If Nanci set the trap tonight, for example, she would have to get into her car and check it every couple of hours to see if someone was in it. It is not close enough for her to just walk over and see.

Since the trap in NOT hers, she is unwilling to leave it overnight. ( I don't blame her)

I personally would like someone (anyone) in authority to explain to this person (owner) that it is not acceptable for her to starve the cats to make them move on, and allow someone (anyone) to trap them.

I have talked with Nanci and I have even considered stretching out my budget to allow for half the cats involved, but we can't GET them.

I am just sooooooo frustrated!!!

houseofcats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there anyone that can help trap? Did AzCATs offer any alternatives? When we trap we set them up and then wait in our vehicle until we get cats in the traps. You may not get them all (as you well know) on the first attempt. Even if you get one at a time it's better than none! I know you can get them to go in if you set the traps by the area you feed.