Need some help with litter box training

makinmagic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When I got my new kitten (we already have an adult female cat) she was about 5 weeks old. I just followed a craigslist ad which said kitten were 8 weeks. Turned out it was some sort of a crack house and they owners of this poor babies were selling them for $50 each... well, crack ain't cheap I guess. Anyway, I realized right away that they are not anywhere near 8 weeks, but got her anyway just not to leave here there.

She's been with me for 2 weeks. She is healthy according to vet, no parasites, just some fleas and ear mites (she's still too small to get treatment). Whenever she is confined to the bathroom, she goes to litter box just fine, never missed it when there. However, if she is roaming around the house, she will try to sneak into some dark corner to do her business... she hasn't had a single accident, but this is only because I watch her like a hawk and as soon as she stars this shady behavior I put her in the bathroom and she happily runs for her litter box... And it's not like she doesn't know where bathroom is, she is now perfectly comfortable with the layout of the house. So now she spends most of her time in the bathroom except for a few hours of napping on my lap and playtime with toys.

Advice?

Also, my other cat HATES her guts :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

makinmagic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh no, they are not sharing the box! Big cat has her own big box that have been now moved from bathroom. Little one has her own box too, it is smaller with shallow edges, perfect for a kitten.