Need some healing vibes for hubby

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jim was hurt at work on March 30th. He is a heavy duty mechanic. He walked into the fabrication shop, and a 50 lb piece of steel fell off a bench. It was supposed to be bolted in place. It landed on the heel and tendon of his left foot. The ER doctor told him nothing is broken, to stay off it a few days then he could go back to work light duty. After 2 days of trying to work. Jim was unable to walk on his foot. The doctor has now told him to stay off his foot completely. He is going to physio, It doesn't look like it is going to get better anytime soon.
if you could throw me a few vibes for patience I would appreciate it. Did I mention Jim is unable to sit still for more than 30 seconds.

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Augh that kind of injury is my worst nightmare

Get well soon!!

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had problems with both of my feet and in my opinion doctors just don't realize how difficult it is to stay off of your feet. Patience vibes to you and healing vibes to Jim

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallaround

Sleeping pills crushed into his OJ
:lol3

Vibes for you and Jim. I hope his foot heals up quickly and he can get back to being busy.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope he heals fast but soft tissue damage takes a lot longer than broken bones. I know this because I had a lisfranc fracture of the 5th metatarsal and the bone healed in 4-5 weeks, the 'bowed tendon' and torn suspensory ligaments took almost a year before the ache stopped and nearly two before the pain stopped completely.

Hope the physio helps.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of coming for you and Jim.
As the wife of an industrial construction worker who also can;t sit still, I feel for you.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Serious bummer. Sending lots of for quick and good healing, and for patience in the meantime.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

for you and him
!

Or you could do what I do: hide out in the computer room all day long and hang out at TCS.

I feel for you.
Randall's been off work now for almost a year due to his many health problems. There are days when......
When it gets to be too much, I stick my earbuds in and listen to music!

I hope your hubby heals soon - for both your sakes!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Or you could do what I do: hide out in the computer room all day long and hang out at TCS.

I feel for you.
Randall's been off work now for almost a year due to his many health problems. There are days when......
you´re the death Tiff!...

Seriously!...

Many good wishes for Jim dear Marianne!...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

for you and him
!
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I feel for you.

I hope your hubby heals soon - for both your sakes!
hmmmm sleeping pills in there's an idea
KittKatt

of course he isn't staying off his foot. I ended up at the Er yesterday with a horrible migraine. Came home full of morphine. When I woke up the dishes were done and he had baked cookies and made supper. I am thinking of duct taping him to the recliner.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that sounds like it could take a while to heal properly. I sympathise, but I know how hard it can be to stay still if you are naturally active. Can you get him a whole stack of his favourite author or magazine?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

hmmmm sleeping pills in there's an idea
KittKatt

of course he isn't staying off his foot. I ended up at the Er yesterday with a horrible migraine. Came home full of morphine. When I woke up the dishes were done and he had baked cookies and made supper. I am thinking of duct taping him to the recliner.
Duct taping him to the recliner probably wouldn't be very difficult to do after you put the sleeping pills in his OJ (or you could use some of that morphine the doc gave you
), since that's where they spend most of their time, anyway. That's the way it is with Randall, anyway - not to mention the fact that he also has a love affair going on with the remote.

"Honey, why is that duct tape sitting by my recliner?"

"Oh, one the cats clawed a hole into it, so I thought I'd "fix" it."