Need some "heal from surgery" vibes

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been about 3.5 months since I had gastric bypass surgery and just when I started feeling like my old self again, I had a gall bladder attack the other night!
Holy Crap! Talk about PAINFUL!!! My surgeon told me today that I need to have my gall bladder removed. My surgery is scheduled for the end of this month. One good thing is that my surgeon will remove the gall bladder laparoscopically and my recovery time will be about two weeks instead of 6 - 8 weeks. All I am thinking is this is just in time for the Holiday Season

I already have six small scars on my abdomen from the previous surgery - not a big deal. With gall bladder surgery, it looks like they will be adding four more small incisions... Geeze, when it's all said and done, I'll be able to play connect the dots on my belly when I am bored... or my abdomen will look like it was the target of a drive by shooting ~grin~

NOW to make matters worse, I am scheduled to have foot surgery next Tuesday because I fractured the sesamoid bones in my left foot....The sesamoids are two pea-sized bones that are embedded within the soft tissues under the main joint of the big toe. Here's where they are located:

The fractures are loose in my foot so, basically, every time I walk, I feel like I am stepping on kitty litter...To remove the fractures, an incision is made along the side of the big toe. This surgery gives me the creeps because my feet are so skinny you can see every vein and bone… The thought of a knife in that area... Eeeek! I shutter to think...

OK, I'll stop whining...

The last time I needed board magic, it did me a world of good. I wasn't nearly as chicken and you guys made my recovery time seem so easy!! So here I am again, asking for some double whammy board magic from you wonderful people!!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kim! I am sending you my positive thoughts and quick healing vibes!

Hugs to you bugalugs!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I don't know about that foot thingie, but I can tell you that my mother had her gall bladder removed and was released from the hospital the same day. I think she went back to work within the week, if not after just one week, but she was a tiny bit stubborn! (And a pretty tough old broad!) I did work with one girl who had the same operation and she was out for almost 3 weeks, but her gall bladder basically exploded in the ER so I'm sure that contributed to the long recovery.

You'll do great Kim! These will be so very minor compared with what you already had done.
Sending "quick healing" and "don't freak" vibes to ya!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my god Kim you poor thing!!!!

(((((((((((( BIG HUGS TO YOU AND HEALING VIBES!!! )))))))))))))))

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww... poor Kim.
All prayers and good thoughts towards you and your family. May you have a speedy and healthy recovery.

skykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
((((((((((((((Kim))))))))))))))

Sending you quick healing vibes and surgery vibes!

You'll be okay Kim!

rfox

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
good luck with the surgery kim!!!! as far as the gall bladder, it is routine right? thats good that recovery time will be cut in half. thats a plus.

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, Kim.
I'm sure everything will go just fine.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kim I had my gall bladder out 30 years ago,,at that time it was the full ponty,6 inch scar ,3 weeks in the hospital,almost died,because I would not move or do the breathing,and got really sick.I was only 18 frist time I ever been cut open,and noone told me how much it would hurt!!!!!!!!And it hurt like he~~ !The way you are having it done is so much eaiser and not so painfuly! best of luck and get quick soon vibs.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sheesh girl! STrong healing vibes coming your way.

My mom had her gal bladder removed laproscopically and did wonderfully with it! I was glad they could do it that way instead of the old fashioned way because #1 her advanced age and #2 she has emphazema. I was scared to death of her having to go on a vent for traditional surgery.

I went to an orientation for gastric bypass today. How are you doing with that part of your recent goings on?

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor KIM!! Sending positive healing vibes ur way.. Hang in there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are great! Honestly, I am starting to feel better already. I can't believe what a chicken I can be. {{{{ hugs to you all}}}}}

Originally posted by mzjazz2u
....I went to an orientation for gastric bypass today. How are you doing with that part of your recent goings on?
mzjazz2u - I did great with the gastric bypass. I have to say that I haven't had any trouble from the surgery at all. I have done great, if anything. My recovery was truly uneventful. I almost feel like I didn't have surgery at all. I am more than half way to goal, to date, on my weight loss. The only bad thing that has happened is this gall bladder issue. They say that 70% of gastric bypass patients will inevitably end up losing their gall bladder because of the rapid weight loss, I just didn't think it would happen so soon.

How did your orientation go? What do you think of this procedure?

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kim, you poor thing! I'd be scared to death about having so many surgeries right in a row. I wish you the best Hon! Sending loads of good vibes & many prayers your way!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For Pete sake, Kim, no more operations! That's an order! Hope your gall bladder procedure is over and done with soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Deb25
For Pete sake, Kim, no more operations! That's an order! Hope your gall bladder procedure is over and done with soon.

LMAO - Yes Mam! I couldn't agree with you more -

dougbug

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
geezzzzz kim you are going through it, poor girl,, (((((sending get well vibes and a hug your way)))))), btw, my sister had the gastric bypass surgery 2 yrs. ago, i was wondering if your gallbladdrer was bad why didnt they take it out when they did the bypass surgery, now you have to go through more, that stinks!! i hope you do well

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with the surgery Kim! I hope it goes smoothly for you.