Need some good vibes...QUICK!

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Shell, I thought I saw some red tornado spots on the map as I was watching the weather channel. You're not getting more bad weather, are you?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw Shell, I'm sorry I haven't been in the Lounge much recently - I missed this! But I am relieved to hear you're fine. Sad news, though. My prayers are with their family.

It's really been a terrible season, hasn't it? I'm really shocked at how much trouble there've been in so many places. My heart goes out to all of those who have lost homes, pets or loved ones. It's just terrible.

Here in New Jersey we've been inundated with rain. We broke the record for the most amount of rain in June (1903 - it was 9 3/8") several days ago. The rivers around here have all overflowed their banks - several of them are at the bridge level. We've been given a short respite here this week, and expect more rain starting Friday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The weather is kind of strange here yet. Thankfully we haven't had any bad weather since Sunday. Today was the perfect day! It was cool (only 65) and a cloudy. I'm sure it was wonderful for those people cleaning up after the tornadoes. I heard today that 7 people (people cleaning up the damage) went to the ER because of heat exhaustion!

I was very proud of my store today! Our Walmart store donated $400 in cleaning supplies and one full pallet of drinking water to the town of Deshler! Those people are so happy that they are getting this stuff! A lot of people lost everything and many don't have the funds for all of this. Plus, my Pharmacy got the OK to donate what ever Over the Counter drugs and etc that they need. We're waiting to hear from the Red Cross to find out what they need and they will get it! I thought they'd need first aid kits and things like that. I don't know how much Tylenol or etc they'd really need though.

One of my co-workers (she's fairly new...just moved here a couple of months ago) lives in Deshler. She came to work today and told me all about it. Her house only received window damage, but many of her neighbors have nothing left. She was so overwhelmed when I told her that we were donating all of that stuff. She cried like a baby and of course that got me to crying too! I just wish there was something more I could do. They won't let anyone come into the town to help...too many people looting stuff from homes! How sad is that!

Thank you all once again for the good thoughts and vibes. I just hope this doesn't happen again for a VERY LONG TIME!

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I heard that one little town there was gone, everything. It's so horrible for those people, I saw some coverage on the news and it looks so bad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what my co-worker has told me, it is actually worse than what we're seeing in the pictures. Even the Lincoln Journal Star reported today that it is highly doubtful that the town will ever get back on its feet again. So very sad!